GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. ChrisB1

It is almost time to say goodbye to VW ownership

Well, the time is approaching to say goodbye to VW. The car that I loved to hate will be traded as soon as possible because I'm back in full-on hate mode with it. I'll probably end up listing my VW specific items on the forum and if they sell, they sell. If not, I'll find someone else to pass...
  2. ChrisB1

My new car search has begun...

Unfortunately, I barely fit in the S3, so I ruled it out today. The TTS had a little more headroom, but it was more awkward to get into and out of for me. I don't know how to put it into words, but I have to fold up funny to fit through the door opening, even though it is fine once I am...
  3. ChrisB1

Wife's 2016 Jetta GLI SE

As I posted in another thread, my wife traded her 2013 Jetta TDI for a 2016 Jetta GLI SE. For being of the same generation, she is way more impressed with the features offered in the 2016 versus her 2013. I think she is correct too because her car doesn't feel as cheap as the old one, and I...
  4. ChrisB1

2010 Camaro SS

Since my GTI is about penny stock status with regards to trade-in value right now, I toyed with the idea of a second sports car. I test drove this today: It was on loan for 24 hours, but I returned it in one. My reasoning? In my normal seated position, my head touches the dang roof...
  5. ChrisB1

I know why VW's sales in the USA are dwindling...

I blame the VW dealerships for the dwindling sales! While waiting FOUR hours for the technicians to diagnose my clunking noise coming from the passenger's side front suspension area, I heard some of the craziest things at the dealership. One customer was told that it was completely "normal" to...
  6. ChrisB1

How to appreciate a MKVI GTI more

I figured out how to appreciate my car more... I'm driving my wife's 2013 Jetta TDI while waiting on my Unitronic Stage 1+ ecu to come back. It makes me appreciate the GTI a little bit more, lol.