GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. T

End of lease inspection - what to expect?

So my car is being inspected tomorrow by an agency hired by vw and I was just wondering what they look for? I have 20% tint, resonator delete, and apr stg 1. I am probably going to buy my lease out, but just wondering if my car would pass. It's in good condition otherwise Can't believe it's...
  2. T

*OFFICIAL* - Favorite Movie clips Thread

Did a search, didn't find any threads like this. I always love these types of threads; normally find some new movies to see. I randomly heard this clip on the radio the other day and decided to find the movie/youtube vid. Z48Y0sQzxxs The rest of the movie was COMPLETE GARBAGE, but this scene...
  3. T

20k mile service, what did you get charged?

Chaplins in bellevue wants 380 for my 20k service, a local tuning shop is asking 180. How much did you guys pay for yours?
  4. T

arg!! Front break squeak

Was hoping it would go away but it isn't. there is a noticeable squeak from the left front break. When I apply the breaks it goes away and I can't seem to figure it out. Ideas? it's driving me crazy
  5. T

12v ignition fuse location on 2007 GTI???

Hey guys, trying to wire my Valentine 1 radar to the fuse box, right now I have it plugged in to fuse 26 - unlisted on the manual... but it isn't an ignition fuse so I have to turn the v1 on and off every time... is there an unused ignition fuse on 2007 GTIs ? reference...
  6. T

snow chains possible on 18" Huffs??

Has anyone successfully put them on or will they mess everything up?
  7. T

rear ended... repair shop in the Seattle area??

Fuuuuck I got rear ended. there is no real damage from what I can tell but I am most likely wrong. In the very least I think the car needs to be looked at. Recommendations on where I should go?
  8. T

Rear ended... now what...?

Well some retard forgot that the road gets slippery when wet so I paid the price. There does not seem to be any visible damage but it is hard to tell. the bumper flexes (more than it should????) and it almost looks out of line where the side panels meet but maybe I am wrong. What should I do...
  9. T

coilover install costs...

Got quoted around 350 from fine tuning in north seattle. Anyone on here have their coilovers installed in WA? If so, how much did it cost? I would love to be able to do it myself but I lack the knowledge & tools
  10. T

Any of you WA guys defer a ticket before?

I got nailed on I90 west a couple days ago.... marked down to 90 in a 70. I was paced by an undercover cop. $175 Anyways, have you guys ever done this? What is the process? The back of the ticket did not saying anything about a deferral and the steps necessary to complete it
  11. T

What did you guys pay for 5k service??

So, I am at school over at WSU. Just got a quote from Appleway up in Spokane @ 65.61 after tax. This seems pretty good but I wanted to double check with you guys before I drove all the way up there. Where did you guys take your cars? I was thinking of calling Futrell Autowerks and Achtuning...
  12. T

Feeler: Gti mkV suspension parts... 300 miles

Looking to pick up an Cup kit for my new car (H&R) most likely. Does/would anyone have an interest in picking up my stock parts? Do these things ever sell?
  13. T

sound system installation?

Just leased an 07 gti package 2... I want to get an aftermarket system installed... any recommendations where I should have this done in the Seattle area?
  14. T

Reasonable?... 4500 down, 36 month lease @ 336/month, residual value of 16,396

Looking at a 07 GTI package 2 with nav for 27,265 after tax msrp with those options in the Seattle area is 29,220 Blue book value 28,782 I guess those monthly payments seem reasonable but isn't down payment kind of high? does a residual value of 16,396 make any sense? Seems a bit high to me...
  15. T

OMFG I am so sold on a GTI... WOW Also, is this a fair lease?

So I took off work early and went over to University VW in Seattle. I talked with Matt Reynolds for a little while and then he tossed me the keys to a Fahrenheit edition 07 GTI and said lets go for a ride. As soon as I turned out of the lot I floored it... damn this thing ABSOLUTELY screams. It...
  16. T

Pics of a 2" drop on a GTI MKV?

So I am trying to get a few ideas for some mods when I get my new car in a few weeks and the first thing I will probably do is drop the car. I am hoping to just get some new springs and leave everything else stock as I also want to get a custom exhaust installed... I am on a budget. I do not...
  17. T

There any Seattle shops where I can get custom parts?

Time is of the essence, I am going back to school in like two weeks and I have yet to even buy my car! I am definitely wanting to mod the crap out of this thing (07 GTI) and want to put a drop on the car and have exhaust installed. I know I can order these things have then have them installed...