GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. RobbDizzle

Bold-Sport "facelift" Climatic control panel...direct fit?

Came across this while looking for a replacement DSG knob: http://www.bold-sport.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=43_39_56&product_id=270 It appears to be a facelifted Climatic control panel. Would this be a direct plug-play fitment, or would I need to VAG-COM it? My car...
  2. RobbDizzle

WTB: 205/45/17 tires (Chicagoland)

As stated, looking for some 215/40/18 tires. Don't need to be brand new, but with a few season of driving left on them at least. I've got a set of wheels and/or tires to trade for them. Email is fastest: robbdizzle (at) gmail (dot) com.
  3. RobbDizzle

10mm spacers, 2 sets of extended lug bolts!

I've got a set of 10mm spacers for sale, as well as one set of (10) 38mm extended lug bolts and one set of (10) 50mm extended lug bolts. The lug bolts are all ball seat. $20 a set for the extended lugs, $50 for the spacers. Will ship anywhere in the US for $5 more. I also have a set of 16mm...
  4. RobbDizzle

Remote start installed...couple of quirks.

So I had a Viper remote start installed on my car...specifically a Responder One (4203V). Installed using the Xpresskit DB-ALL bypass module. The installer is a friend that works in the service department of the dealership I work at and has done remote starts on a ton of cars. Everything works...
  5. RobbDizzle

Alpine SWR-1043D, NEW in box

Up for grabs is a new in box Alpine Type-R 10" subwoofer. This is the 1043D, with dual 4-ohm voice coils. Can be wired for either an 8-ohm or 2-ohm load. Was going to use this in the wifey's truck but never got around to it. These can hit hard and loud, tight or booming, and can do everything...
  6. RobbDizzle

Need help: keyless entry/alarm - antenna location/modification/range extension

Browsing through the forums I've seen references to extending the keyless entry range on the mkV by rerouting the antenna up around the windshield. After a relatively exhaustive search, I can't come up with anything. All I've gotten is a post that the antenna is routed up through the driver's...
  7. RobbDizzle

215 tires on 9.5" wheels...need pics.

So there's tons of pics of 9.5" wheels (like alphards) with 225 tires on them. Anyone have pics of a 215 tire?
  8. RobbDizzle

FS: 9006 HID kit, yellow, for factory foglights.

I've got the HID kit out of my foglights up for grabs. Barely used (because I got harassed by cops for them all the time) 35w ballasts and 9006-fitment bulbs in 3200K temp, yellow color. I'll also throw in the plug-and-play resistor packs to eliminate the bulb-out error and flickering problems...
  9. RobbDizzle

Alpine Type-R 10" power handling.

How much can you overpower a 10" Alpine Type-R? My buddy has 600w RMS going through his 12". Both are rated for 500w RMS; I'm thinking 750, or is that pushing it? I wouldn't flinch at feeding it 600, but 750 is 250w more than it's rated for.
  10. RobbDizzle

iPhone 4 vs. HTC EVO...lulz inside.

Funniest one I've seen in a while... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD-0pqZg :thumbsup:
  11. RobbDizzle

FS: HID kit for foglights

Selling a 35w HID kit...3000K color temp, 9006 fitment for factory mkV foglights. Also including the capacitors needed to eliminate flickering/bulb-out error. Looking for $100 shipped for everything :thumbsup: PM or email me robbdizzle@gmail.com for fastest response.
  12. RobbDizzle

FS: Dension Gateway 100 iPod dock/CANBUS interface

So my phone took a dump on me and I need to free up some cash to buy another. So, up for sale: Dension Gateway 100 iPod dock/CANBUS interface, with GW16VC1 adapter for VW mkV/Passat B6 cars and Dension dock cradle, and a Brodit Proclip angled mounting pad for VW mkV cars. Great piece of kit...
  13. RobbDizzle

WTB: I need an iPhone ASAP

So my phone bricked itself and I can't get it working again. I need a replacement iPhone ASAP, but have absolutely ZERO cashflow. So, if anyone would be kind enough to have some pity on my soul, I'd like to trade some parts for one: 3000K HID kit, 9006 fitment, with load resistors to cancel out...
  14. RobbDizzle

Pic request - 17" wheels, slightly "meaty" tires.

Looking for pics of 17's....preferably RS's...on 215/40 or *gasp* 215/45 tires. There was someone here with them on a black GTI but I can't find the pics for the life of me.
  15. RobbDizzle

WTT/WTB: black-button Premium 7 head unit

So I have a problem...I've got this iPod adapter that works perfectly except for not showing text in my MFD. That's what I bought it for, and i'd like to have that functionality. Unfortunately, the MFD text won't work with my silver button Premium 7. So I'd like to see if someone has a...
  16. RobbDizzle

S3 interior parts...

Browsing online and I came upon this pic: Anyone know if the S3 DSG knob pictured will swap into a GTI? It looks like the same actuating mechanism. Also, will the silver climate control knobs pictured swap into a climatic (manual) system, for the larger temp control and flow direction knobs?
  17. RobbDizzle

Glovebox latch replacement?

Does anyone know of a DIY or can explain to me the steps to replace the glovebox latch? I'm looking at the new latch and I'm at a loss here. I assume I lead off by pulling the door off and pulling the lining back to expose the latch, but how do I even do that? :help:
  18. RobbDizzle

Quick n' dirty shoot, with the POS in the wrong shooting mode

Stopped after work on an impulse and shot these...realized later the point-and-shoot I was using was in the wrong mode (aquarium :yikes: ) hence the blurriness. Oh well....enjoy :thumbsup:
  19. RobbDizzle

Hell yeah...turbo your R for less than $600!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-09-Volkswagen-Golf-Mk5-08-VR6-11PC-TURBO-KIT-PACKAGE-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem27b0c08ddbQQitemZ170469133787QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories I wonder if anyone is dumb enough to actually try this....$300 coilovers are one thing, but this is...
  20. RobbDizzle

Far enough along now...time for my own buildup timeline.

I've seen a ton of "check out how far my car has come" threads lately, and I decided that my own project was far enough that I could do one of my own :biggrin: The car is a 2007 GTI 5-door, DSG, CW over Interlagos, with Package 1 from the factory. Had to order it and wait for a while since...