GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Y

Low coolant

I just got a warning in my mfd to check my coolant which I did. It's a bit low. Is it safe to drive until I can get to an auto zone or something to buy more? Any special kind I need? My temp gauge is at 190 so I don't think my car is in any immediate danger. Here's the warning light in the mfd...
  2. Y

Alarm went off after stall?

So this was weird, I was backing up a steep driveway, misjudged it a bit and let off the clutch too soon and stalled. Happened to me before, but this time the alarm went off as soon as I stalled, at least I presume the alarm, the horn started honking and the hazards were flashing. I was able to...
  3. Y

Humming sound after tire rotation

I took my car to the dealer yesterday for 50,000 mile service which consisted of an oil change and tire rotation. After that was done, when I get up to around 60 MPH, there's an annoying high pitched humming sound (that's the best way to describe it :iono: ) coming from the front wheels. The...
  4. Y

P2015 code?

I have an 09 GTI, completely stock, and yesterday got a CEL. I went to AutoZone to scan the code, and it's P2015 and the description provided is "Intake manifold runner poisiton sensor circuit range/performance bank 1" which makes no sense to me. After they got the code, the CEL went off and...
  5. Y

40,000 mile service?

My 2009 GTI (manual) is coming up on 40,000 miles. The dealer quoted $600 for service, which seems outrageous. I don't have my manual in front of me right now, but I was looking over a list I found online for the 2007 GTI (probably not all that different even though it's FSI instead of TSI), and...
  6. Y

2009 GTI Air Filter

I'm coming up on 40k miles and need to replace the air filter in my 100% stock 2009 GTI. 2 questions: 1. Which air filter do you recommend? 2. Stupid question, but how do you do it? No mention of it in the manual. I found a DIY on Vortex for the FSI, but I'm pretty sure it's different for the...
  7. Y

Drove over curb, damage to look for?

Leaving a parking space today, and the spot in front of me was empty, so I figured I could pull forward and go like I always do in that situation. Unknown to me, there was a diamond curb-like thing (I dunno what you call it) in the middle of 4 spaces, in fact, thanks to Google Street View, I've...
  8. Y

Windshield wiper adjustment

I just had a cracked windshield replaced, and when they replaced it, they had to remove the wipers. When they were put back on, my passenger side wiper is higher than it normally is. Usually when the wipers are off you don't see them, but now you can, it's about an inch from the bottom. I didn't...
  9. Y

Differences between 2008 and 2009?

I just had an accident, and I'm 99% sure my 2008 GTI is totaled (and I hope it is, given the damage). And I'm also 99% sure I'm going to buy another GTI since I love that car so much. Are there any big differences between the 2008 and 2009? I was looking online, and it seems like the only thing...
  10. Y

Clicking sound when I push in the clutch

This just started this morning. Whenever I put in the clutch, there's a clicking sound of some sort. It definitely is coming from inside the cabin, so I don't think it's a mechanical issue. It happens when moving, stopped, or even with the car off. If I push it in slowly enough, it doesn't...
  11. Y

Resistance shifting into gears

Over the past few days, whenever I shift, most noticeably in 1-2 and 2-3, although it's still noticeable in 3-4, 4-5 and barely in 5-6, I can feel some resistance in the gear lever as it goes into the new gear. I don't have to force it into gear, but it's noticeable and slows down the shift so I...
  12. Y

Squealing noise

Whenever I'm on the highway and get past around 65mph with the windows open, I hear a very faint, yet obnoxious squealing noise. I thought maybe my clutch was wearing out and it was down to the 2 metal clutch plates rubbing against each other (which is what the sound sounds like, a cross between...
  13. Y

Renting a GTI...in Germany?

So far, I'm planning on spending a week in London then Berlin, nothing official yet, but if I save enough cash, I think I'm gonna go. I of course want to go to Wolfsburg and see the VW Autostadt and I could take the high speed train there from Berlin, but I thought it would be pretty cool to...
  14. Y

How long without oil change until I have warranty problems?

I just hit 5,000 miles today. I already scheduled my service appointment in a couple weeks, but by the time that rolls around, I'll be at 5,600 miles (60 mile a day commute FTL :frown:) Will I run into any problems later with VW trying to void my engine warranty because I waited so long to get...
  15. Y

I've come up with 3 theories

1. The trip computer isn't even remotely accurate 2. Keeping your speed between 55 and 60 mph (light traffic) has a huge effect on gas consumption 3. I have the world's only hybrid GTI and don't know it I took this after my drive to work, 30 miles, pretty much all highway except for the first...
  16. Y

It's not everyday you see one of these

I never thought I'd see one of these in person, but I finally have. HOLY SHIT it's beautiful. There were a bunch of cars surrounding it with the drivers or passengers taking photos. I managed to squeeze my way in to snap this.
  17. Y

Sirius quit working

I have an 08 with the factory Sirius setup. Last night, it was working fine. This morning, I got in my car and it didn't work. The radio just said "No Info" and then if I tried to change stations, it would give me the station name, but it said "Linking" and I never got anything. I thought maybe...
  18. Y

Body shop recommendations in the STL area

Nothing major. Drivers side door got owned by some strong wind and a pole at a gas station. Passenger side got owned by what appears to be some douchebag pushing a shopping cart through a crowded parking lot (gotta love how disrespectful people can be...damaging someone's car and not even...
  19. Y

Weird character on MP3 ID3 tags

Anyone know what this is? It only shows up on some MP3s next to the artist and song and definitely isn't in the ID3 tags for the MP3s (it doesn't show up in iTunes or other players)
  20. Y

Max MPH in 1st gear?

I'm probably paranoid, but I was driving this morning and felt like I don't accelerate as quick in 1st as I used to...like all the power wasn't there. I think my clutch might be slipping in 1st. I can get up to around 30mph, give or take, before I hit redline and need to shift to second, I'm not...