GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Candyman

[NSW] : FS - 2008 MK5 Golf GTI DSG Leather

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=11146044 This has been a great car but my Golf R is almost in Australia so time to sell. Full details on my Carsales.com.au ad Recently dropped $1,000 and was only listed last weekend ! An absolute bargain price for what is a superb...
  2. Candyman

Dramatic jump in fuel use .....

Over the last 500 km the fuel use on our 08 GTI (unmodded) has jumped from 8-9 l/100km to 12-14 l/100km. Same driving pattern, same roads for the last year. The car had it's 30,000 km service today and I asked them to check for the usual things. All came back fine and they don't know what the...
  3. Candyman

GTI - it just works ....

After a recent 3,000 km trip in the GTI, apart from it's known issues (and the warranty challenges I've had), this is simply the best car I have ever owned (of more than 30). Can't say much more about the little GTI - it just works:thumbsup:
  4. Candyman

Front door reflectors ?

Were the reflectors at the bottom of the front doors ever lit or have they always just been reflectors They seem to be a large unit for being just a reflector - I was trying to figure out how to switch them on but couldn't find any setting in the mfd
  5. Candyman

Why do the front leather seats have cloth on the inner side

Searched the forum a dozen times and can't find a reason why the front GTI leather seats have cloth on the inner side of the seat bases ? Any reason or just cost cutting
  6. Candyman

Plastic moulding on the sides of the seats

Is there a reason why the plastic mouldings (bits that cover up the seat mechanism where the seat meets the upright) on either side of the front leather seats doesn't seem to mould around the seat very well ? They look like they were designed for another seat with gaps in the wrong places and...
  7. Candyman

MY08 - changes in ECU ?

After having driven a few MY07's and an early MY08, I find my MY08 much more responsive and overall quicker. The dealer commented that he thought mine felt more responsive too. A GTI owner at work took mine for a drive and said much the same. Is it possible that late MY08's have had some...
  8. Candyman

At the risk of another thread derailment ... DSG noise

I have an MY08 GTI DSG and love it, best vehicle I've owned and I've had all sorts. Today I drove a loaner manual and wonder if people could answer a question about the two drive systems I notice in my 2 week old GTI the DSG sounds like it has a constant noise of metal on metal especially...
  9. Candyman

I must be missing something - ignition key light ?

On every car I've had there has been a light around the place where you stick the key in to start the car Can't find one on the Golf ??? Doesn't light up with lights at night and can't see any switch.
  10. Candyman

Ipod and aux in - possible

I have the factory aux in but wonder if it is also possible to have the Ipod adapter (VW accessory) Dealer was meant to install it but not as yet - they don't seem to know ??? I like the idea of having both
  11. Candyman

Finally bought one - a GTI DSG that is ;)

The Forester XT outlived its usefulness so after much searching for a replacement I bought a 5 door GTI DSG in Black (optioned up) Brand spankers so I'm now going to spend some time reading up on all the huge number of threads on the forum Any favourite threads that people have kept for...