GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. H

Non OEM oil pan found...thoughts?

I need to replace the oil pan on my GTI. An OEM pan costs $220 (even online). I went to vdubpartsdirect.com and they have a replacement pan for $42. http://www.vdubpartsdirect.com/vw_performance/?N=4294954822+4294962485+1732+11921+9303 What do you guys think? Any experience with...
  2. H

DIY for replacing oil pan on 06 GTI?

Does anyone have a DIY for changing the oil pan on my BPY 2.0t? or at least some guidelines on what to look out for in terms of tools needed, difficulty etc? Thanks
  3. H

Need help: PCV and oil leak issues

My FSI started leaking oil the other day, attached are pics. I have a Eurojet PCV which was installed about 30k miles ago. I think that I am leaking oil due to a PCV issue...I need help in diagnosing which one. The rear (stock) PCV has a lot of oil on it. See pics. The Eurojet PCV also has...
  4. H

Richmond VAG-COM (VCDS) help?

I was hoping that someone in (or around Richmond) would show some dub love and give me some help. My airbag light needs to be reset and my state inspection is due. On top of that, I got laid off and there is no way I am going to pay the dealership to reset the light. Thanks in advance! John
  5. H

Another A/C problem post...might be different

I just read through a bunch of posts on the A/C compressor problems but my problem seems a bit different. The A/C sometimes works perfectly but other times (normally after the car hasn't been used for a few days) it takes about 3-5 minutes for the A/C to start blowing cold air. As soon as the...
  6. H

Good road between Richmond and Roanoke?

I am driving from Richmond to Roanoke this week for Thanksgiving. Don't want to mess with 64 and 81. I would much rather find some fun, twisty roads and enjoy the drive. Does anyone have any routes they would recommend?
  7. H

HIDs stuck in the "up" position

Hi everyone.....I am new here, just came back to the VW family. Here it is problem in cliff note form: 2006 GTI - took it to the dealer for an oil change and to replace the strut bearings. The dealer also did a recall on the headlights...something about changing a grommet or a seal. When...