GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. F

Tow Bar for GTI (i know, i know...)

Ok, not many threads about recommended tow bars for the MarkV GTI. Probably a reason for that, but if we ignore how bad it is to fit a tow bar to a car like the GTI... Anyone had one fitted? Looking for prices / recommended places in Perth, and where they attach etc. Would be perfect if it was...
  2. F

Aux-in upgrade working on my MY08 RCD500 that didn’t come with factory Aux-in

Just posted this in the DIY section. I know a few people on here were interested in seeing if it would work, so link is below: http://www.golfmk5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1906293#post1906293 Works a charm :happyanim:
  3. F

DIY - Aux-in upgrade on MY08 RCD500 that didn’t come with factory Aux-in

Ok, so I looked high and low for a post to confirm this would work. Couldn’t find one (maybe my bad searching?) so I tried it myself and yes, it works! Gives you a 3.5mm stereo jack to plug into an iPod/MP3 player/Laptop etc. Then you just press CD twice on the RCD 500 and you’re ipod is...
  4. F

Boot protector

Anyone got an non-VW boot protector, or know of a place in aus that sells them? Had a search of the forum and google, but no real luck. Basically just want a rubber protector that's moulded to the golf boot, with a decent lip. Don't particually like putting my bodyboarding gear it the back when...
  5. F

problems removing rear headrests?

Hi all. Anyone had any problems trying to remove their rear headrests? I've searched the forum but haven't come across this problem. The headrests move up and down fine by pressing the button on the base of the right stalk. But when I try and pull it all the way off, the button-side stalk seems...
  6. F

New MY08 GTI owner here too

Hi all. Had my CW GTI for a week and a half and loving every second of it. Getting some 35% tint on it next week, which should finish it off nicely. I've been reading that the US guys are getting an AUX input in the glove box - I take it this doesn't apply to AUS? Pity... Anyone know if the...
  7. F

Perth VAG-COM or good service places

Hi all. Looking at getting some VAG-COM work done in Perth in the new year, just wondering if anyone has had any problems getting it done at their dealer? Anyone sharing a cable around these parts? Also, any recommended places in Perth for servicing? There's only one listed in the...