GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. jamie2803

Tail of the Dragon

Well its been nearly 3 years since I leased my R32 and unfortunately the time has come to give it back. So as a final farewell I am going to do Tail of the Dragon. I'm driving from Orlando and was seeing if anyone was interested in meeting up on the way or just meeting there. I'm heading up on...
  2. jamie2803

New Tires

The OEM tires suck, i've replaced 3 because of bubbles in the sidewall rather than tire wear. So im going to get 4 new tires. Anyone have any feedback on Bridgestone-Potenza RE760 Sport with Uni-T tires...
  3. jamie2803

windshield wipers

I need new windshield wipers after only 22K miles. The stealership said they are $24 each, so $48 for the pair. This seems really expensive so I was wondering if I can get them at autozone or pepboys. But i wanted to make sure they were the right part number (right size). Does anybody have...
  4. jamie2803

Interior Lights

Is there a way of changing the red interior lights to blue. For example the above red lights that project down onto the shifter. Also the lights that are behind the radio buttons
  5. jamie2803

LED license plate bulbs

I've done some searching on this forum about changing the OEM license plate bulbs to LED ones. Some people are saying that you need ones with a resistor others say you don't. Has anyone with an R32 actually successfully changed their bulbs to LED ones without any problems such as warning...
  6. jamie2803

Just went to the drag strip

I went to Orlando Speedworld tonight. I gutted out my entire trunk to save some weight. Had about a quarter of a tank. First run was a 15.0 at 90.7. I was like WTF. Second run was around the same. Third was 14.7 at 93. And fourth was 14.9 at 91. I don't know what's up. Maybe because the...
  7. jamie2803

What is this??

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/Surge-Engineering/Performance-Chips/VW-Surge-Performance-Chip/538890/ Im assuming its cr*p because no one has ever mentioned it
  8. jamie2803

South FL downtown dubs meet tonight

VW meet tonight at around 9pm under the bridge at Watson Island. If anyone wants to meet up at Towers in Davie and then drive to Watson Island, let me know.
  9. jamie2803

15,000 mile service

The book says the car needs a service at 5,000 , 10,000, and 20,000. No 15,000. But the car MFD says i need a service in 700 miles, which will for me be around 15,400 miles. Does anyone know what service the car might need? Is it just an oil change or something?
  10. jamie2803

Just went to the track

First time ever running the R32, and first time ever running a car for me. I gutted trunk, so no tire, tools, or foam. All were done with LC and in SPORT. First run: 14.203 at 95.30 2nd run: 14.240 at 94.62 (side-mirrors folded in) 3rd run: 14.189 at 98.18 (took out passenger seat) 4th run...
  11. jamie2803

R32 vs SRT-4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNxLFVlxCYQ&feature=related
  12. jamie2803

stock tires

I'm just wondering how many miles stock tires have lasted other people. I understand it depends on how you drive, but im just curious at what mileage you guys got new tires. I have 9000 miles and i need to get new tires soon.
  13. jamie2803

what a deal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inHZCtRaaZo Two mistakes: It does not have carbon fiber dash, and does not have a full size spare. But for $28,000 who would complain?
  14. jamie2803

Uh Oh DSG

I was driving around town today. I was in manual mode, i gave it some gas, to bout 5000, in 2nd gear. Then as i shifted into 3rd the car jerked, then as i shifted into 4th it did it again. I pulled over and called the dealership, i booked an appointment for tomorrow at 930am. I continued drving...
  15. jamie2803

Going to the track tomorrow

So i am finally going to the drag strip tomorrow, Palm Beach International Raceway. I wanna beat the fastest stock time which the lowest i have found is 14.2 at 98. Correct me if i am wrong. However i am curious if that time was done with or without the spare in the back. If i take out the...
  16. jamie2803

How to show which gear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av5AKBaQGBg I watched this video, and when he puts it into sport it shows which gear he is in. My car doesnt do this. Does it do this for you?
  17. jamie2803

f*ck you VWoA

So it all started an hour ago when i turned on my car, after not being driven for 6 hrs. i left my school parking garage and noticed my nav screen said "please inset a vw nav dvd". this had happened before, a few weeks after purchasing the car. so i knew that the nav cd was still in there...
  18. jamie2803

5000 mile service

i just picked my car up from the dealer after it had its 5000 mile service. They charged me $2.17 for a screw, anyone know what this is about? Also they charged $10.50 for a filter, and $3.99 for washer fluid. thanks
  19. jamie2803

how to get extra hp

how much hp do u lose when the a/c is on? how bout the radio? just curious
  20. jamie2803

r32 wall poster

im looking for an r32 poster for my bedroom wall, anyone know of any websites i can order from?