GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. StrangeUsername

Does anybody have one of these?

I came across the site www.eurogearusa.com and they have some nice splitters and side skirts. Does anybody know anything about them? I haven't seem them mentioned or anything on here.
  2. StrangeUsername

How do I remove center caps from Huffs?

I'm going to be painting my Huffs soon and was wondering how I am to go about removing the VW center caps? I don't really want to try prying a flathead screwdriver or anything, so is there a proper way to remove them? Thanks. Oh, and before I get flamed with the obligatory "use the search...
  3. StrangeUsername

What car is THIS? An Exotic? A Kit Car?

I saw this car earlier today, but I didn't see any logos or badges or anything. It took off pretty quickly and kicked up a 'lil asphalt like a rear-wheel drive car would. So, what do you think it is?
  4. StrangeUsername

What color/finish are these Nissan GT-R rims and trim?

I've seen several GT-Rs over the past week and I think I'm in love with the way the flat black trim looks on a silver car. Also, the color of these rims is sick. So, whats the color or finish of these rims? What kind of paint would I need to get the somewhat flat look of the trim in this pic...
  5. StrangeUsername

Sirius Unveils New Programming Options w/ XM

For those of us Sirius subscribers, we will soon be able to add XM channels. I can't wait to add XMs Channel 47 - Ethel. ____________________________________________________ Sirius Unveils New Pricing Plans, But Cost Benefits Unclear Newly merged Sirius XM Radio unveiled today a dizzying...
  6. StrangeUsername

Check out these headlights....

I remebered this car was posted somewhere on here a while back, but I just came across that same exact car listed on eBay What kind of headlights are these? They look like the regular GTI ones, but the bottoms look smoked or blacked out.
  7. StrangeUsername

Paint My Huffs - Photoshop Request - Will PayPal $5

Can someome w/ some PS skills please photoshop me some different looks to my Huffs? First, color the Huffs in a semi-gloss black w/ Reflex Silver-colored inserts. Second, color the Huffs in a Relfex Silver-color w/ black in the inserts. I'm trying to get an idea of which combination I like...
  8. StrangeUsername

Do I need a DP and other stuff w/ GIAC?

One of the main reasons I'm leaning towards going the GIAC route is because I'm not going to have to invest in a DP and exhaust. Well that, plus the fact that the gains in performance seem more linear than those w/ APR. Before I get flamed with a "use the search" reply all I'd like to know is...
  9. StrangeUsername

Ever consider painting you car? Yourself?

I was googling rattle can paint jobs and can across this thread on VW Vortex and it got me thinking. Would you ever paint your MkV yourself with a spray can? I think I would do mine in a burgundy color like the center of this Bugatti:
  10. StrangeUsername

Is this normal or is my lightswitch broken

My lightswitch seems to be broken (I think). Is it supposed to have a line/crack like this? The crack seems a little rough, but then again it appears to be backlit at night (possibly just a coinsidence though). Any help is appreciated.
  11. StrangeUsername

Need Rims Powdercoated in SoFL...

Can anyone recommend a shop to get my Huffs powdercoated or painted? I *was* considering going the Maaco route, but have since come to my senses. Thanks in advance for the :help:
  12. StrangeUsername

How are these 18" Huffs painted?

I really like these rims, but would like to know how they are painted. Are they powdercoated, painted and clearcoated, etc.? How much does something like this cost (I already have the rims)?
  13. StrangeUsername

How do I install a chip?

Ok, so I just bought a chip for my GTI off of eBay and am wondering how I go about installing it. Do I need some socket wrenches or something? Also, am I going to need an upgraded/aftermarket cat due to the increased power (70+ HP) I'll be putting out? Thanks in advance for the help. I'm...
  14. StrangeUsername

New Front End Mod(s)

I finally got around to painting my new fog covers, front and rear badges. I also plasti-dipped the front grill and bumper. Yes, I intended for the upper and lower grill to have a somewhat textured look and the bumper piece to look flat black. The front and rear badges were done in a...
  15. StrangeUsername

South Florida Paint/Body Shop Recommendation?

Know of any reputable paint/body shops in South Florida where I can have my stock lowers painted? I called Gunther VW in Coconut Creek (where I purchased the my GTI) and they quoted me $800. Thanks in advance for the help. :bow:
  16. StrangeUsername

Best Aftermarket Heads and Tails

I have an 08 Reflex Silver GTI and want to change my headlights and taillights. I prefer the smoked/blacked out look (no altezzas). 1) Any recommendations? 2) Will I retain my HID's? (I'm a little confused by the term HID's because I know that the GTI has xenon lamps that are HID's but some...
  17. StrangeUsername

VW Fast by Mail?

Hi guys - first post here but I've been reading these boards for a while. I just bought an '08 GTI a few weeks ago and was wondering if VW will mail me My FAST? I asked my salesman (was clueless) and he referred me to the parts guy (said they are infinitely on backorder). I see them on eBay...