GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

Squealing/squealing sound coming from serpentine belt area.

So mark in which direction the serp belt moves, remove it, and start the car without the belt. If it still makes the noise replace belt?
  2. D

Squealing/squealing sound coming from serpentine belt area.

I have a 2008 mkv gti 2.0T and I've had this squealing or squeaky sound coming from my serpentine belt area. I recently did the tensioner since this video was taken and it's still doing it. Any ideas? (Will post video in thread)
  3. D

Boost Guage Wiring?

Okay ill take a look thanks
  4. D

Boost Guage Wiring?

Hello I own a 2008 GTi and I've been trying to wire a boost gauge into it. I have fuse taps and followed the instructions given with the gauge but when its wired in the gauge doesn't shut off! Ive have tried to match up my fuse box with others on the internet but I cant find any like my own...
  5. D

Oil leak, and code P0299 for under boost?

So recently I have had some very bad oil leaks. It's only on the right side of the engine. The top of the engine is soaked and so is the bottom. I'll attach some photos and videos of the top of the engine and the turbo. Maybe I blew the turbo? Underneath my hood is wet with oil too like it's...
  6. D

Oil Leak somewhere?

Okay ill definetly take a look thank you. Also how hard was it to replace the valve cover gasket?
  7. D

Oil Leak somewhere?

Ok thank u. Im unsure how to check the health of the pcv. But ik its a preventative maintance so i might try that first since it is probably the cheapest option
  8. D

Oil Leak somewhere?

(2008 mkv gti) Every couple of weeks i check my oil and it seems to be a bit low everytime. (not under minnimum, but has definetly gone down since i last filled) i have inspected the undercarrage sorta where the turbo is and found a bit of oil caked onto the bottom. There is little on top of the...