GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

17 PSI: All other options considered

I recently had my transmission replaced (dsg), with a used one (less miles however) due to an accident involving the undercarriage of the car only. I received the car back in working order, however the peak boost will not go past 17 psi (holds at 15-16). I have APR stage one and previously would...
  2. B

Driving in the the wrong APR mode for years...

So...I had my ecu flashed roughly 4 years ago with APR stage 1. There was a sale at the time that offered all of the extra programs for no extra charge, so I had them all installed even though I never really intended of changing it out of 93 octane mode. The shop who flashed my car closed...
  3. B

Lowered GTI vs road median = :(

So, a couple nights ago I was hit an unmarked road median when I went to make a left into a turning lane at an intersection. There were 10 warning/hazard poles sticking out of the 3 inch high median, however 3 had been previously taken out by another vehicle(s), leaving only a 2inch high piece...
  4. B

WTB: Driver side mirror (UG)

I'm looking for a driver-side mirror cover/housing. I have an '08 United Gray GTI that was recently involved in a parking lot hit and run...
  5. B

E-Squeak: A Brake Tale

So, I just had my brake pads/rotors replaced after running oem for the past 85,000 miles (they actually held up that long....I wasn't being lazy). I now have Hawk HPS pads paired with new OEM rotors. So, anyhow now it seems like whenever I apply the e-brake when parked, the brakes "squeak" a...
  6. B

Brake Pad/Rotor pairings

My rear brakes barely passed inspection recently and I have been thinking about upgrading my brakes for awhile now. Anyhow, I have been thinking about pairing Hawk HPS pads with Stoptech cryo slotted rotors (front and back). Does anyone have any experience with this combination? Better pairing...
  7. B

Mechatronic Flash

My car is up for the mechatronic recall fix (aka free dsg fluid flush) and was wondering is the DSG re-flash will affect my APR tune? I have stage 1 (so, just flash) and would prefer not to drive to the nearest apr tuner (2 hrs.) to have it re-flashed. My dealer is well aware of my tune (and...
  8. B

Battery swap, ECU re-set for APR stg 1?

Hey everyone, I changed my battery recently and a used portable jump starter to maintain ecu power during the swap.However, during the process the jump starter cables disconnected and so I lost power for less than 1 minute (didn't notice right away). I have an APR stage 1 flash ( 91, 93, 100...
  9. B

Advice? VIN not covered under cam follower extend warranty?

Hey everyone, I have a 2008 fsi gti (build feb. '08) that has 70k miles. I brought it in after experiencing symptoms related to a busted cam follower. I thought everything would be fine, as I heard about the 10 yr., 100k extended warranty, but I was told my particular VIN was not covered. The...
  10. B

Koni yellows and ride Height

I had koni yellows (sports) installed on my 2008 gti recently, paired with H&R sport springs. For the past 40k mi. I had the H&R sport springs paired with my stock shocks/struts and thought that, at least aesthetically, the height was perfect. Now with the Koni's, handling and ride quality has...
  11. B

Stuttering at 10 psi

A few days ago my '08 gti started stuttering (a lot ) at around 10 psi. It would then hesitate for a second or two, before maxing out at around 15 psi. Any ideas on what it could be? I've searched the threads and there seems to a few people who had similar issues with mixed results/fixes. Based...
  12. B

pothole/blown shock/new shocks/question

So, I hit a large pothole (borderline sinkhole) while going about 70 on the interstate. The impact blew my tire, bent my rim, and destroyed my driver-side, rear shock. I have H&R sport springs on stock shocks currently and was thinking of upgrading and replacing all shocks with Koni Sports...
  13. B

Foglight lens v. Rock

So, a rock (off a truck carrying rocks...of course) took out my driver side foglight lens, but not the bulb. However, apparently you have to replace the whole housing, so I bought a new oem one. Anyhow, I would prefer not to disconnect the battery to replace this ,as I have a reflash and lost...
  14. B

Touareg 2 tpms system for gti?

I was getting my car serviced at the dealership today and noticed the Touareg 2 tpms system indicates the psi in each wheel on the MFD (not just whether it is low, or not). Is is possible to have this same program flashed onto a mkv gti? I'm assuming no..
  15. B

Door lock mechanism

I most likely need my door lock mechanism replaced. For some time, whenever I use the key fob to lock the car, the passenger side door locks, but the driver's side locks randomly ( sometimes locks, sometimes doesn't). Also, when I open the door (again, random) the lock will fire in rapid...
  16. B

Bent Huff

Hit a pothole (borderline sinkhole), tried to swerve to avoid, but caught my back, left wheel. Needless to say, I had to replace the tire (bubble) and bent my rim. To the naked eye the rim looks fine, but the shop (reputable) that swapped the tire noticed the damage while balancing. Can I...
  17. B

BSH pcv fixes more than anticipated

I installed the BSH pcv fix (stage one) over the summer as a solution to a blown oem D valve. I also had issues with oil consumption since I've had the car ( around 1 qt. every 5k). I know thats not terrible and I heard these car were known to consume excessive amounts of oil, so I hadn't really...
  18. B

Door lock

So, my passenger side door locks when using the key-fab button, but the driver side no longer does. I have to manually lock it with the key...which I sometimes forget. I'm guessing this is an electrical malfunction possibly (most likely) caused by accidentally leaving my window cracked during a...
  19. B

Car damaged again

I just got my car back from the body shop two weeks ago, after it was keyed in the parking lot where I work. So....someone walks inside my building yesterday afternoon and asks if anyone had a grey gti outside in the lot and that they just hit it. I stand up to say,"yeah, I do", but just say...
  20. B

Dealer and VWOA contact

This may be first, but I want to contact VWOA and tell them of my very positive experience at a local VW dealership (service department). I was last there about three weeks ago and was told that I'd receive a survey via e-mail shortly. I'm assuming that they may have entered my e-mail address...