GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Monkeykungfu

FS: 2008 FSI GTI, 74k mi

**** SOLD **** Selling my 2008 manual FSI GTI. When I got the car in 2010 it only had 18k miles on it & now there's 74k. Most of what I put on it was highway miles between Dallas & New Orleans. Mostly stock besides an APR Stage 1 tune, 17" Raderwerks LW10s, Koni Yellow Shocks & Neuspeed...
  2. Monkeykungfu

N.I.B. Clutch Masters - Clutch / FX350 Organic/Kevlar Steel Flywheel Kit

Selling a Clutch Masters FX350 Clutch & Organic/Kevlar Steel Flyweel clutch kit. Brand new in box, never been installed. From the Clutch Masters website: The FX350 System uses the Power Plus I Pressure Plate with Clutch Masters New Formula Button disc. This clutch is designed for the street...
  3. Monkeykungfu

VW GTI make some top 10 list for most ticketed

The GTI made the 10th most ticketed vehicle on AutoSaver.com's article, "Is Your Car Getting You Tickets?" http://www.valuerangepricing.blogspot.com/2013/04/autosaver.html I will say I've gotten 2 tickets in 5 years of owning two seperate GTIs. I should probably have more... luckily I do all...
  4. Monkeykungfu

Simcity??

Was looking forward to this for a while now. Always been a Simcity fan. The new one looked pretty badass. You might have seen the commercials they've been playing lately. So I decided to pick it up on Wednesday & have yet to actually play a game. They made it online only, no single player &...
  5. Monkeykungfu

Help me diagnose suspension noise, bad stut bearing, or something else? (video)

A buddy & I installed Neuspeed Sports & Koni Yellows on my '08 last summer. Recently, I started hearing a really creaky noise coming from the front right side of the car. I'm thinking it's the strut bearing. When we did the install last summer, I installed the ECS Front Suspension Install...
  6. Monkeykungfu

Hurricane Season is Here

The hurricane season officially starts June 1st. Been pretty dead so far until now... http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at201205_5day.html Stay tuned.
  7. Monkeykungfu

Ball joint replace during suspension install???

I'm planning on making a 2nd attempt this weekend at installing my Koni Yellows n Neuspeed Sports. A buddy of mine, who is shade tree mechanic, swears I should replace my balljoints everytime when I'm doing my suspension. Out of all of the how to's I've read, & everything I've seen, no one...
  8. Monkeykungfu

Need help removing lower control arm

Tried searching for this w/ no luck, & am in the middle of an install so some help would be appreciated. Doing a spring/strut/shock install & am having a hell of a time removing the front lower control arm off the ball joint. The 3 ea 16 mm nuts came of easily, but am having a hard time...
  9. Monkeykungfu

Koni Yellow settings with Drivers Gear Springs?

This week I'll be receiving a set of Koni Yellows & a set of Driver Gear springs. Was hoping anyone reading, who has this combo, can recommend what settings to set the Koni's to, to pair properly with the DGs? Also, some DIY installs state it's wise to replace the strut bearings/mounts &...
  10. Monkeykungfu

Happy 420!!!

Ya, I said it. :thumbsup: :cool:
  11. Monkeykungfu

Diablo 3

Anyone else looking forward to this? I just into the Beta two days ago. It's pretty decent, seems like it's got a lot of potential. Release date is May 15th!
  12. Monkeykungfu

Passing inspection, cat-less in Louisiana??

Thinking of getting a catless downpipe. I'm in New Orleans now. Was wondering if anyone's had an experiences with passing their inspection with a cat-less downpipe in Louisiana (or better yet, New Orleans?). Do they do a sniff test or thorough inspection down here? Thanks
  13. Monkeykungfu

Vibrating Right Side Dash After Ignition?

Tried searching for this & didn't have any luck. Yesterday my car started making a really annoying vibrating noise immediately after I cranked the car up. It lasts roughly 10 seconds, then stops. Sounds like it's coming from directly behind the glove compartment. It's a fairly loud vibration...
  14. Monkeykungfu

Scarlet Johansson...

Pics real or not real? (NFSW!) http://www.barstoolsports.com/philly/super-page/the-day-has-arrived-scarlett-johansson-camera-phone-pictures/ I'm thinking, yes! :thumbsup:
  15. Monkeykungfu

Young rich Canadians get busted for racing badass cars

Anyone seen this? The cars they were driving.. 2007 Ferrari 599 2010 Lamborghini Gallardo 2010 Lamborghini Gallardo 2009 Lamborghini Gallardo 2009 Audi R8 2012 Nissan GT-R 2010 Nissan GT-R 2010 Nissan GT-R 2010 Maserati Turismo 2010 Maserati Turismo 2011 Mercedes SL63 2011 Mercedes SLS 2005...
  16. Monkeykungfu

Is the VW scene dead in your area??

Recently I've moved to New Orleans, LA. The car scene here sucks overall & the VW scene is pretty much non-existent. I've tried searching & posting in the Regional Forums on here & vortex looking for clubs/meets in the area, 0 responses... If there are meets, I haven't had any luck finding...
  17. Monkeykungfu

CNN Money's 8 Great Road Trip Cars = FAIL

Anyone else read this crap? http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2011/autos/1105/gallery.great_road_trip_cars/index.html The Fiat 500, Scion xB & Nissan Quest slightly make sense.... the rest are ridiculous.
  18. Monkeykungfu

Stock Aux-In to stock head unit operation?

I've got an '08 GTI with the basic stock head unit & an Aux-In mini-jack port under the armrest. My head unit has buttons for FM, AM, CD & Mix. But no buttons for "Aux" or any other wording regarding enabling the Aux-In signal (at least that I'm seeing). Am I missing something, or is the...
  19. Monkeykungfu

Water in tail light??

A couple of months ago I traded in my 2 door united gray DSG for a 4 door black magic 6 spd. The 4 door only had 19k miles on it, good shape overall. When I bought it the tail lights looked fine. Within the past couple of weeks I've been noticing more & more moisture building up in the rear...
  20. Monkeykungfu

Typical Stock Clutch Operation?

A few weeks ago I traded in my '08 United Gray, 2 door, DSG with 50k miles on it for an '08 BMP, 4 dr, 6 spd with 19k miles on it. Nothing wrong with the DSG, I just missed having a manual & my wife & I both agree'd we should have gone with the 4 door for practicality purposes. The clutch...