GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

VCDS/RNS MFD2 Coding question + looking for someone with VCDS in/near Canberra

Hi, Ive just tried to wire up the AUX pins on my MFD2 to have a 3.5mm jack in the car for some mp3 playing ability in the short term. (not interested in the crappy ipod integrations, holding out for a RNS510+mdi) I havent been able to get it to work. I've tried pins 1, 2 (or 3) and 7 in the cd...
  2. M

Canbus? problems?

This week, I've started to notice an issue with my stereo (RNS-MFD2) The stereo no longer turns on when starting the car, I no longer have access to Audio or Navigation on the display in the cluster, nor do directions appear when a destination is active in the nav. Odd thing is it still turns...
  3. M

Loose cover underneath engine

I'm on a reasonably long trip far from any real ability to go to a dealer and I've been getting a rattling sound at higher speeds (120+ while overtaking, mostly). I think all it is is a plastic cover underneath the engine that has come loose. (see picture). Is this going to turn into a bigger...
  4. M

Aircon cooldown + smell issue

Sigh. Never easy :( For the last 15,000kms, I've had a bad/wet smell coming out of the aircon. My service department said there was nothing wrong with the drain. I bought a can of the aircon disinfectant. I cleaned the pollen filter. Smell came back. I also have noticed a problem in the last...
  5. M

aircon smell

Well, after having my car back from lennock today, and after making sure they understood the nature of the aircon smell, they couldnt fault it. :paddle: I bought a can of aircon antismell stuff, but before I go ahead and do that, I want to see if the evaporator drain is blocked - the thing is...
  6. M

Boot Hatch rattle

I've been trying and trying to locate a rattle in the boot thats driving me absolutely nuts. Initially I thought it was coming from the foam/tools, removed them, no luck. Then, after seeing that the battery was actually in the boot (never had any idea :yikes:), i thought it could be the cable...
  7. M

Sigh, bad coolant leak :(

Ah well, got the 'check coolant level' error on my MFD yesterday night pulling in at home, turns out its a pretty bad coolant leak and the CRAP local dealer wont give me any indications of how long it'll take. Sad thing is, it had its 60,000km service on wednesday last week! Oh well. A few...
  8. M

DSG: Jerky gear change around SLOW corners in D

I've had an R32 for a while, and ever since I've had it, It's been horrible around some slow turns when driving normally (not like a maniac) Ill go into the corner where the DSG selects 3rd, and as I go through and start coming out of the corner it'll select 1st at 5000-6000rpm, which is quite...
  9. M

Helpful dealers in NSW/ACT?

I am looking to upgrade my R32's RNS-MFD2 to the new RNS-510. (Doing it myself) Unfortunately, I live in Canberra and the only local dealer doesnt know anything about it, and will rip me blind if I go in with part numbers to order. Are there any helpful dealers around that take an active...