GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. chanman13

Intoxicated exhaust ?

So after a few drinks (more like a lot of jack Daniels so I apologize for the long post) my friend who drives a mustang GT with an exhaust and CAI and I decided that my GTI needs to be louder. Right now I have a 3inch catless DownPipe to the stock cat back with a resonator delete. Would it be...
  2. chanman13

Hardwire Radar Detector without kit.

Is it possible to hardwire a radar detector without a kit? Perhaps by cutting the power chord and then using those wires to tap into the aux outlet? Would you need to ground it as well? I know its easier to just buy the kit but i got bored and wanted a new project after finishing the wood...
  3. chanman13

Racing Seats

Since my lumbar broke on my drivers seat I've done some research and all evidence tells me that its an expensive repair and that I'm better off buying new seats. While Id love to purchase the OEM Recaro seats they are just to expensive :frown: So I've been looking around for cheap racing seats...
  4. chanman13

HIGH FLOW CAT DOWNPIPE

SOLD!
  5. chanman13

2007 SKY REDLINE?

I love my Fahrenheit GTI more than one can imagine but i have been craving a manual. I'm not saying I'm selling my car and buying another car but i have just been thinking about what else.... I came across a 2007 sky redline which is a 2.0L turbo pushing around 260hp/tq and from the info I have...
  6. chanman13

Power lumbar broke :(

Just my luck. Days after my dealer fixes my AC and does the airbag sensor recall, the lumbar on the drivers seat breaks. I did some searching and was able to find a few threads with a similar issue but i wasn't satisfied so I decided to make a new thread. Happened tonight when I was headed...
  7. chanman13

Window Tint

I'm going later today to tint my windows and am skeptical on whether or not I should get the windshield visor tint for an extra $20 What do you all think would look best? visor or no visor? And if it's not too much work a couple pictures would be awesome. P.S. I'd create a poll but I'm on...
  8. chanman13

FAHRENHEIT on white rims?

Just found this random picture online of a Fahrenheit GTI from Gran Turismo 5 and its on white rims. Never seen this before but its something different. Cant tell if i like it or not? Maybe it would look better with different rims...
  9. chanman13

Delete

Delete
  10. chanman13

Knocking feeling in brake pedal?

I've read lots of threads about knocking noises but none like mine. So today in stop and go traffic i noticed that as i slowly put the brake on when im going about 2-3mph i feel a knocking noise which then goes away when i add more pressure but then returns when the brake is fully depressed. Any...
  11. chanman13

What would you trade your MKV for?

Thought it might be fun to see what other cars MKV owners would drive other than an MKV. With that said... What sports car under $20k (new or used) would you own other than an MKV?
  12. chanman13

INTAKE PIPING no filter

This may be a dumb question but i searched for a while and was unable to find the answer. I have an intake filter (filter on a stick style) and was wondering if there was a place i could buy just the intake piping instead of the full kit other than hoping one is posted in the classifieds? Thanks...
  13. chanman13

RES DELTE "FABRICATION"

Im getting the RES delete right now and the shop said since the two pipes going into the res aren't in line they will have to do some "fabrication" to weld in the new straight pipe. this will raise the cost from $40 to $65. Do you think they are trying to screw me or has anyone else heard of...
  14. chanman13

Plastidip Taillights

I read on a thread (can't find it anymore) about plastidipping the reds of the taillights that don't do anything. I was wondering if there was a DIY for this or another easy/cheap way to make the red black. On a side note what do you guys think about adding LED lights right above the taillights...
  15. chanman13

STEALERSHIP.

Took my GTI to the dealership today to finally get the stud removed that i broke when taking off my stock downpipe. Called around to different places all gave me about the same quote of $65ish so i thought i might as well take it to VW. Took from 7am-10:45am to remove the stud and cost me $330...
  16. chanman13

paint gauge cluster

Anyone ever paint the silver part of the gauge cluster perhaps to match color of car? like the silver circles.
  17. chanman13

Chirping noise front passenger side ?

I noticed a chirping noise from the front passenger side right after start up just a constant high pitch "chirp,chirp,chirp,chirp,chirp" I did some searching but I've never been to good at searching so anyone know what this may be? I only have about 35k on my car if that helps at all ?
  18. chanman13

Not for sale

Was selling to have money for another purchase but I have decided not to sell.
  19. chanman13

Kind of rims?

http://vinyo.deviantart.com/art/VW-Scirocco-131223885 Anyone know what brand rims are on that sirocco?? Thanks.
  20. chanman13

BRAND NEW IPOD TOUCH 8G!

i have a brand new never opened ipod touch 8g. i was hoping for $200 O.B.O. just send me your offers hopefully we can make a deal!