GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

MkVI rear bumper in MKV

I am not sure if this has been discussed by I was curious of the mkvi rear bumper fits on the Mkv. I was read ended :( but am trying to make the best out of a bad situation and was thinking about upgrading the rear bumper. I like the stock look but I wanted to paint that textured lower bit and...
  2. G

Dice I-VW-SAT issue

So i got the dice ipod sat integrator a couple years ago and it has been flawless until recently. A few weeks ago I started having to unplug the thing to reset it after it freezes. Now it is not able to play at all. It displays the song title etc. on the radio and the MFD but it just keeps...
  3. G

Forge big diverter valve

Hey all, I have thus feeling my forge dv from my bsh relocate is starting to stick. It's been on the car for a year and a half so I figure it's time to do some upkeep. I just couldn't find a diy anywhere to help guide me while taking it apart. I searched the forge site and here bit to no avail...
  4. G

APR stage 1

Hey all, I had this in the entertainment area but figured i'd try in here as well. I got flashed APR Stage 1 a week ago and since then the photo is what my Dice ipod integration has looked like no matter what buttons I hit or what I do. It is connected through the Sat radio if that matters...
  5. G

Dice Ipod integration

Hey all, not sure if this is the right area but here it goes. I got flashed APR Stage 1 a week ago and since then the photo is what my Dice ipod integration has looked like no matter what buttons I hit or what I do. It is connected through the Sat radio if that matters. I was wondering if...
  6. G

Rear Sway Bar help

Hey all. So I installed the 24mm H&R rear sway bar a few days back and through a series of mistakes (we will call it over zealousness on my part) I stripped the bolts that go through the end links. I got new ones and having read a bunch about sway bar installs I tried to torque them down to...
  7. G

APR spring sale

Starts today :happyanim: http://www.goapr.com/news/2010/03/22/aprs-spring-into-power-sale-march-22nd-april-30th/ I am certainly making time to get stage 1, anybody else.
  8. G

RSB question

I am sure this has been discussed before but which RSBs don't require that much care after install to eliminate squeaking. I know bars like BSH require regular greasing, which I was hoping to avoid. I know the BSH bar is pretty stout but I don't think I need that much stiffness. If most...
  9. G

BSH DV relocate

3 times in the last few months the DV hose of my BSH stage 2 intake has popped off of the throttle body. This always happens between the supplied hose and the throttle body itself. I have tightened it pretty well each time but it always slips off. I am a bit cautious tightening since I don't...
  10. G

RENO VW GTG

There will be a get together for all vws in the reno area on October 26th at 6pm. It was originally started by a few mkv gti guys but everyone is welcome, the more the merrier they say. A spot has been decided it will be in the Sierra Trading Post parking lot just off S. Virginia street. We...
  11. G

RENO GTG Monday the 26th

There will be a get together for all vws in the reno area on October 26th at 6pm. It was originally started by a few mkv gti guys but everyone is welcome, the more the merrier they say. A spot hasn't been decided yet but it was suggested we meet in the Peppermill parking garage. If you have...
  12. G

RENO GTG in August

Hey all you Reno folks, I am hoping to drum up some interest in a get together for the second weekend in August, the 8th and 9th or sometime around there. I will be sending out pms to people i know are from reno, everyone else please reply here so we can set something up.
  13. G

Surging at idle

So on the way home from dinner tonight my car threw a CEL. It was weird cause the car felt like it was driving normal, but I wasn't getting into the boost or anything so there might be issues up there. When I parked my car it began surging at idle. It was running from 800 to 1500 or so and...
  14. G

Light Switch Repair

I am not sure if this is the right section but I was hoping to get some help trying to fix my problem. The black coating on my light switch flaked off and I was hoping someone would be able to help repair it. Is there any sort of paint (maybe plasti dip?) that would repair this? Or am I just...
  15. G

FS: A few OEM Bits

I have a couple pieces off of my 07 GTI up for sale. Stock Springs +Shocks/Struts 20k miles. Looking for $50 plus shipping or take them for $50 and pickup if you live in the Reno/Sparks area. I really just want them out of my closet so if you just wanna pay for shipping plus a little for the...
  16. G

suspension help

So I was switching to my summer tires today and I noticed the nut on the front swaybar link (the one that connects to the strut) is missing. What is the size of that nut so I can get one from kragen or the local vw dealer any help would be great. Or a part number would be awesome as well. Thanks...
  17. G

FS: Stock Suspension off 07 GTI

I have the stock springs and shock/struts from an 07 GTI for sell. I will post pictures when I am home later today. I will also be posting some estimated shipping costs to help everyone in their decision. I was thinking around $130 plus shipping obo. Thanks for looking
  18. G

Suspension Install DIYs

I am going to be putting Koni FSD's and Neuspeed Sport Srings on this weekend, I am super pumped. Anyway on my search for diys I decided to condense the ones I found into one .pdf file. None of these are my own diy and I credited the authors and linked to the originals so I doesn't look like I...
  19. G

Feeler: OEM bits

I will soon have the shocks and springs from a 07 2 dr. GTI with 22k miles, front fog light covers, and OEM clear side view mirror turn signals up for sale. Just wanted to judge interest in these items. Pictures will be going up as soon as these items are off the car. I was thinking 160 plus...
  20. G

2Bennett Audimotive? or any APR shop in Central valley/Bay area

Anybody ever get work done with these guys. I live in reno but there are no apr dealers in my area and these guys are the closest. I was thinking when I went to get the flash I would just have some other goodies (exhaust, hpfp, possibly suspension) put on at the same time. If these guys...