GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. UGgti12

CBFA - Are the middle and rear o2 sensors the same?

So I need to change the middle o2 sensor in my 08 GTI TSI CBFA (the one right before the cat). Is this the same sensor as the one after the cat? I know there are 3 sensors, one up front, and then two in the rear.. I can't find any information on this..
  2. UGgti12

H&R Supersports causing premature tire wear?

I went to have my car inspected yesterday, and it failed based on the fact that my rear tires were too worn. The tires are the Conti Extreme Contact DWS, a set I bought while I was still in college just as a bang for the buck all season to get me through winters/traveling. Thing is, the set only...
  3. UGgti12

Car is off, but humming from back right tire?

I just replaced my battery from what I thought was a dead battery ('08 TSI 39k). Tonight I go out to my car after it had been off and parked for about 3 hours and notice a humming coming from under the car, near the back right tire. It sounds like an electric motor or pump of some kind. I'm...
  4. UGgti12

FS: stock TSI DP. $120 - LI.. pickup only

I have a stock TSI downpipe with about 10k on it. Just looking to get rid of it. It's in great shape. Pickup only.. I'm too lazy to ship. $120 cash
  5. UGgti12

High RPM misfires/cuts (not quite sure what they are)

Hey guys. I've been having a problem lately with my Revo Stage 2 TSI. When WOT in 2nd gear and up, once I hit 5k RPM I'll what sounds/feels like a fuel cut or misfire. Basically rapid popping from the exhaust, which sometimes makes the car go limp for a second or two before I can get back...
  6. UGgti12

stage 2 TSI vs. 01 bullitt mustang

So, one of the kids in our college's "unofficial car club" has a 01 bullitt mustang that he recently supercharged. I've seen the dyno and it makes ~410whp. I'm a Revo Stage 2 TSI, DP/Intake/93 oct stage 2 tune. He recently brought up the mustang to campus for spring, and wanted to run me...
  7. UGgti12

MKV TSI DP and MK6 TSI DP the same?

Hey guys. Due to the ridiculous new NYS inspections, I need to acquire a stock downpipe to pass inspection. My car is an 08.5 TSI CBFA. I have lined up a TSI DP from a MK6 GTI. Are these the same DP? Will it bolt right up like my stock DP did?
  8. UGgti12

Revo Stage 2 TSI Dyno

Took the car to get dyno'd with a few of my buddies on Friday. I don't have the actual dyno yet, but I was very impressed with the numbers and thought I'd post it up anyway. I'll update the thread tomorrow with the graphs. Anyway, on my best run the car made 260whp and 338wtq. My car is an...
  9. UGgti12

stage 2 tsi vs. turbo d16z6 del sol

So one of my buddies just finished his turbo del-sol project. I really don't know too much about it. But he's running a T3/T4 on the del-sol's d16.. with an external wastegate at about 10lbs of boost. He says it makes about 220hp at the crank.. From a 20 roll, I put about 4-5 cars on him til...
  10. UGgti12

So whats the deal with TSI clutches?

...because mine has been acting funny lately. I'll be cruising in lets say, 3rd, come to a light, put the foot down, and the RPM's lag about 2 seconds before they drop. Very weird. Other times I have to hit the clutch twice to get the revs to fall. I'm starting to hear all this talk about...
  11. UGgti12

Stage 2 TSI vs. Evo X

So I'm out on my way to Walmart to grab a few things to bring back to school tomorrow. I came to light with a blacked out Evo X waiting. There was open road in front of us, and it was just one of those situations where you know you're going to play around a little bit. We pull away from the...
  12. UGgti12

Billy Boat DP Users- Chime in!

Just ordered the Billy Boat DP today and am pumped. Anyone care to comment on the sound? I assume it would be similiar to Eurojet's DP with the 100 cell cat... which I drive on my brother's car pretty often. If you have videos that would be great.. Thanks
  13. UGgti12

Spacers w/ supersports?

Just ordered a set of H&R supersports from ECS Tuning. I plan on running these on the stock shocks and Hufs (225/40/18). I was just wondering if I could run 10mm spacers in the rear. I haven't had a chance to get under the car and check it out yet and I figure enough people run these that...
  14. UGgti12

stripped oil filter (TSI)

So completely oblivious to the fact that oil filter wrenches exist, I stripped the sh*t out of my oil filter. Now I have the wrench and it won't generate torque because the thing is stripped. What can I do? The fuel line and noise pipe being right in the way are not helping at all... EDIT...
  15. UGgti12

Revo Stage 2 TSI software?

Anyone know when Revo will be releasing Stage 2 software for the TSI? I'm looking to go stage 2 in the next month or two but would enjoy the software to go along with it. Thanks.
  16. UGgti12

first time at the track - came home happy.

So me and a buddy decided to go down to lebanon dragway today for test and tune. This was my first time. I was mostly concerned with not messing up anyone elses day but I actually got a few good runs in. Mods: Revo 93 oct. program Otherwise stock (on bald stock all seasons to boot) Heres...
  17. UGgti12

(VIDEO) GTI VS. S2000

so, i finally got a video today at the track. I didn't run my best time, but here are the results: Cars: 03 AP1 S2000 - Intake/Headers/Catback 08 GTI TSI- Revo tune, otherwise stock. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XShDMPy14ok
  18. UGgti12

WARNING: I'm not a photographer

But heres the GTI anyway. H&R Supersports are coming soon. :thumbsup:
  19. UGgti12

08 GTI vs. 03 s2000

My buddy just picked up an AP1 s2000 about a week ago. Last night we did a run to see how the GTI would stack up. I'm a 08 TSI w/ Revo 93 oct software, he has a 03 AP1 s2000 w/ headers and a catback. From a 30 roll I pulled a car in 2nd gear and then another car to 1 1/2 cars to the top of...
  20. UGgti12

WTB: H&R Supersports

Looking to spend around $120. PM if you have a set.