GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. benno

"Can you VAG-COM that for me?"

So, I'm bored out of my skull stuck in a shit town in the middle of nowhere. What's the funniest thing you've seen someone ask to be "VAG-COM'd"? I swear I've seen a post on here with some clown asking if his catalytic converter could be VAG-COM'd out for a freer flowing exhaust. Hey, I know...
  2. benno

DSG flashes and "increased clamping pressure"?

Hi guys, I've seen a few DSG flashes now that tout "increased clamping pressure" as their way of handling increased power. Does anyone know specifically how this is achieved and whether it has any significant drawbacks to be aware of? Thanks
  3. benno

Aftermarket gauges - recommendations?

Hi guys, I need an intake temperature gauge. I like the look of the Defi Blueracer ones but they only have a water temp gauge that goes from 30-150ºC. I don't think the water temp sender would work all that well for air temp and I'd like a slightly lower temp range. Can anyone recommend...
  4. benno

Pedders XA Coilovers

Anyone got any experience with these? I was getting a wheel alignment today and saw these. $1600 for a set. Here's a link: http://www.pedders.com.au/PS_images/assets/eXtremeXA%20Brochure.pdf Could be an interesting alternative. <awaits the euro brand snob wankers to start bashing them with...
  5. benno

Are you bored at work?

I am. :lol:
  6. benno

Oily Buildup

Yep, a build thread for my oiler :lol: Here she is: 2008 GT TDI 125kw/350nm stock. At the moment, mods are fairly minimal: WD6050 with external mic mod Tinted tails/indicator lenses Gunmetal Zolders Whiteline Rear Sway Bar Tinted tails/indicator lenses Dynamat in the doors. Here's a few...
  7. benno

FWD FTW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koDUdvTaBlU&feature=player_embedded
  8. benno

GC Corp - MIA?

Ready to order a bunch of stuff but Gerard never got back to me with a quote and stopped replying to my emails. Anyone heard from him? Pretty poor if u ask me.
  9. benno

BNE: Norris Group VW experience - advice?

Hey guys, So my car has this intermittent lack of low down performance - below 3000 rpm ish. It's only occasionally, and comes good once I get past 3k. A few times the glow plug light has flashed and the MFD said 'Engine Fault - Workshop!' My mate brought his vag-com cable over and it brought...
  10. benno

Oh dear.

So I got a pretty random phone call today.... someone bought my old Golf - the one full of water. It was a GT TDI with DSG. Water was above the gear shift - inside the car. I wonder what it will take to get it running properly again? How well sealed is the mechatronic unit? I think it would...
  11. benno

EOI: Classix with CSC2s (BNE)

I'm likely to have these wheels and tyres available in the next few weeks. Wheels are in very good shape - three are perfect apart from spot very stubborn dirt. The third has some rash that's fairly minor, I'll touch this up before I sell them. Tyres are a few mm above the tread wear...
  12. benno

Insurance query - car is written off

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi guys, I think my car (08 GT TDI) will probably be written off due to the floods yesterday. Anyone been through the whole insurance/write off caper? I've never made a claim in my life... It's insured with NRMA...
  13. benno

Focal Solid 4 - Opinions?

Hi guys, Any opinions on the Focal Solid range of amps? About their SQ in particular? I'm looking for an amp that will fit under the front passenger seat and this seems like a possibility... the price is right. Other options are an Alpine PDX, maybe an Arc 125.4 mini... Do you guys think...
  14. benno

Door handle rattle

Any of you clever types figured out how to stop the door handles rattling? External handles that is... mine give off an annoying buzz...
  15. benno

Interior door trim removal

Hi guys, I want to remove the interior door trim to install some speakers and dynamat the doors tomorrow. I had a quick poke around this morning and I think I have the drivers side figured out but I can't figure out the passenger side. I need to remove some trim around the grab handle to access...