GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Icy6

Konis all the way up?

Last week I put on the winter tyres, and set my koni coilovers to the highest. Has anyone ever have any problem with the konis all the way up? Since then I am experiencing a weird noise when I go over bumps which make the shock travel a lot, which i would describe as a mix of a pop, clunk and...
  2. Icy6

Boost Leak? (Logs inside)

Boost Leak? (APR Stg 1 Logs inside) I just got myself VAG-COM and went out to do some logs... Can you guys give me your opinion? Does that look like a boost leak to you? All runs were done in 3rd flat out, outside temp was 80 degrees.. I've been APR stage 1 (running 91 mostly, sometimes 93)...
  3. Icy6

APR exhaust (Sound levels)

So I couldn't find any hard info on this... How loud exactly are the two stealth/sport discontinued exhausts compared to the new RSC system they have? and how does RSC compare to stock? Videos do a good job at demonstrating the tone and pitch of the sound, but it's hard to gauge how loud it is...
  4. Icy6

Silverstar fog bulbs review

I picked these up from ECS tuning, sylvania silverstar 9006 bulbs and installed them yesterday. The stock HID runs at 4300k, and the silvania bulbs are supposed to be 4000k, so I thought it would be a pretty close match...but I was badly wrong. It's the same bloody thing as the stock bulb. Worst...
  5. Icy6

Koni Coilovers Installed (Pic heavy)

I installed my Koni coilovers yesterday, so here are my comments, first impressions and, of course, pictures. :rolleyes: I wanted to make this post a DIY but I quickly realised I couldn't install and shoot at the same time... First of all I used this post as a reference...
  6. Icy6

Dealers attitude towards boost gauge?

What did yours say when they saw your boost gauge? Did they ask questions? Did they give you a hard time or become suspicious all of a sudden? How did they react? Oh and, has anyone done it on a leased car? :rolleyes:
  7. Icy6

car jerky off the line

So I seem to have this issue, that I'm supposing is related to my transmission. I have an 08 DSG GTI with a fully loaded (lockable) stage 1 APR ecu tune and a BSH intake. It happens when I'm leaving from a full stop, I'm applying smooth throttle and the car seems to jump forward, slow down...
  8. Icy6

golfmkv.com parts number database?

Do we have one on the website, somewhere? I did a search and nothing came up.. How about making one? :thumbsup:
  9. Icy6

New BSH Intake, weird noise?

So I installed my new BSH intake today and first things first, the sound is simply insane compared to stock. I just love it. Throttle response has also improved noticably. Everything runs smoothly and I'm extremely satisfied overall :happyanim: except...well there is a noise I think isn't...
  10. Icy6

Mirror turn signals...part number?

Yeah so... would anyone just happen to have the part number for the transparent plastic piece that covers turn signals on the mirrors? or where I could buy it? :biggrin: Or is it even removable/replacable on its own? Thanks!
  11. Icy6

Will it rub?

GTI '08 huffs wheels, 18x8 +45, with 225/40/18 tires Eibach sportline springs (1.8 front 1.6 rear) Will it rub at all of just over bumps? :thumbsup: thx
  12. Icy6

Weird suspension noise, two dealers clueless

So I had an accident last winter, someone drove strait into my front wing and driver door, pushing everything in. I had it repaired at a VW dealer and since I got the car back, I noticed a noise appearing to come from my front left suspension (the one that was hit), sort of a "pak" or a "tok"...