GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. trancemission

R32 belly pan on GTI?

Has anyone put a r32 belly pan on the GTI and if so, is it a direct fit or is modification needed? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  2. trancemission

Hit a big rock today, need help on damage assessment...

I was driving home from work tonight and the mountain road I normally take had some rocks that ended up on the road. Me being tired, dumb, and careless:frown::frown::frown: hit a huge rock (approx. 8"x4"x4"). The sounds it made while going under my car made my girlfriend and me cringe. I was...
  3. trancemission

APR stage 1 vs C32 AMG

I was driving home and as I passed through an intersection, a black C32 AMG merges and immediately goes WOT. I don't normally race but seeing as it was late, there were no other cars, and I had just gotten reflashed, I figured what the hell. I catch up to him and we slow down to 40(2nd gear for...
  4. trancemission

$10 Vag-Com service in san jose area

Hey guys, If you need to get scanned or would like to have some settings adjusted I'm your guy. Not looking to make a profit, just trying to recover the cost of the cable!:thumbup: Some of the things I can do: -scan what is causing your CEL -clear CEL -disable DRL -enable windows to be...
  5. trancemission

Does VW extended warranty cover coil packs?

So my engine has been throwing the p2015 intake manifold flapper code for a while now. This has led to at least two of my coilpacks crapping out today. I think I found a fix for the flapper because it was just unhinged but I'm curious if anybody knows if the dealer will replace the coilpacks...
  6. trancemission

Does VW extended warranty cover coil packs?

So my engine has been throwing the p2015 intake manifold flapper code for a while now. This has led to at least two of my coilpacks crapping out today. I think I found a fix for the flapper because it was just unhinged but I'm curious if anybody knows if the dealer will replace the coilpacks...
  7. trancemission

Peet's coffee meet in Saratoga

I saw this meet on the tex and supposedly there's going to be one today(happens every second Friday of the month). It's not exclusive to mkv's but to VW's(and other euros too) in general. I plan to go around 630ish though I think the usual start time is 7pm. It would be nice to see some of you...
  8. trancemission

Who has VAGCOM in the bayarea?

I'm thinking about doing my own 40K DSG service in the next couple of months and was wondering if anyone has a VAGCOM I could either use or borrow. I'd be happy to provide the beer :thumbup:
  9. trancemission

cliche parking garage shots

What I learned from this shoot: always keep my tripod in the trunk, take off front license for photo shoots. The high ISO also made everything far too grainy. C and C welcome.
  10. trancemission

what wheels are these?

I was watching a video from canibeat and the wheels on the yellow mkIV at about :25 into the video really caught my eye. Can someone ID for me? Thanks!:thumbup: ZyzOPEEChA8
  11. trancemission

votex sideskirts and painted stock lip picture?

I currently have a set of dubtechnik sideskirts sitting in my living room and am not sure whether I should get them painted and installed. My concern is that the votex sides will sit a low lower than the stock lip(which I will paint as well). Does anyone have a picture of this combination?
  12. trancemission

FS: NIB Euro lip center section(splitter)

I have a NIB euro lip center section(splitter) from ECS tuning for sale. Willing to let it go for $100 picked up. They go for about $130ish shipped. Reason I'm selling is because I want to get a votex front instead. Local only for now. Shoot me some offers!!!
  13. trancemission

gti tsi stage 1 vs stock 08 mercedes e350...who wins?

proposed race for fun between my friend and me. any predictions on what will happen? Update: Results Dig: the e350 gets an excellent launch and gets about a car on me almost immediately. My tires were pretty cold so traction was a bit of an issue. However, I reel him in by 80 and about...
  14. trancemission

car got keyed....

Some low life decided to put his key to half way from my driver side door to about a foot into the rear panel. Needless to say I am gutted :cry:. My finger nail can feel the entire scratch and there are a couple of spots where it is down to metal. Have any of you had experience dealing with...
  15. trancemission

Last night at the Bayview/Highway 7 Starbucks

Just wanted to say it was nice meeting all of you and it's nice to know there are cool dubbers in the GTA. Have a good one! :thumbup:
  16. trancemission

cost of getting catch can installed professionally?

Yea I know it isn't too difficult of an install but I'm kind of paranoid after reading posts about boost leaks and what not. So does anyone know or can hook it up for a good deal?
  17. trancemission

EVOMS TSI intake question

I finally received my EVOMS intake in the mail today. My only question is that since I have a CBFA engine, was it supposed to come with a breather filter as well? I did have to pay an extra $10 for the CBFA application. Also, it's not a big deal, but it also did not come with directions for the...
  18. trancemission

what are these rims called?

They look really good!
  19. trancemission

BSH customer support # disconnected

I ordered a catch can from the BSH website over a week ago and still have heard no word from them. I sent them an inquiry for a tracking # and have not received a reply. I just called their customer support line this morning @ 602-606-7973 and found out the # is disconnected... WHAT GIVES...