GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

Buying a used R32

I have been in the market for a GTI since getting rid of my GLI. Now I think I might want a used R32. I have always wanted an R. Downsides for me are 2-door, DSG and leather. I am intrigued by the VR6 over the 2.0T. I am thinking that the R32 is a car that I wouldn't need to mod unlike the...
  2. G

Painting Rusty Hubs

So I was tired of all the rust on my hubs. So I have decided to clean most of the rust and just paint over it. I would have used Por15, but couldn't find any so I am using BBQ Spray Paint. I have put 3 coats on and it is more of a dark gray than black. Am I using the wrong kind of black or...
  3. G

Lowering "Dont's"!

Please don't tell me to search because that is all I have done and now my head is about to explode. I have narrowed done my options to Eibach Pro-Kit with Koni FSD's or H&R Sports with Koni Yellows or H&R Sport Cup Kit. The Cup kit looks to be the lower of all the options listed above. I like...
  4. G

Huffs For Sale in Dallas

I will post up pics if someone wants me to, but these are in near perfect condition with no scuffs. I am looking to buy some Black Karts to go on my CW GLI. I would like to see what they are worth to anyone especially local. Please PM me offers.
  5. G

Matte Black

I would like to change my GLI up a bit. I would like to add matte black emblems to the front and rear. I would also like to have a matte black grille. Does anyone sell those or do I have to paint them? Also, can the grille part where the license plate goes be bought separate or does a whole...
  6. G

Catback/Downpipe/Turboback

What is the difference between them? I am too lazy to search!
  7. G

Stock shocks vs. Koni FSD

I am not really interested in all the downsides of going lower at this point, but I would like to see if i can maximize handling/performance and ride quality. What type of performance upgrade, etc. can I expect from FSD's over stock shocks if any?
  8. G

Lower Springs w/stock shocks

I have searched and read a bunch about this, but not all of it is definitive and may not apply to me because I have a GLI. I am thinking of putting on some lowering springs for two reasons...for better performance and to reduce the wheel gap. I have an '09 GLI with about 3 fingers gap and...
  9. G

BSH Pendulum Mount after adding torque mount

I know there is a whole thread on the pendulum mount itself, but I didn't want everyone to have to read the whole thread. I am looking for thoughts, impressions, etc. from people who have added the BSH pendulum mount after they already had the torque mount installed. Can it be installed with...
  10. G

Pic Request: Blacked out front and rear emblems

Preferably on a CW Jetta, but I will take any color just to get an idea of what this would look like. Also, are there any matte black "honeycomb" front grills for without the holes for the GLI?
  11. G

Open Fog option...Anyone seen or have these?

These are just a vented, gloss black insert instead of buying open fogs which I don't like the look of them. The pic is of the carbon look which I don't like. These are fiberglass. They are $150, but the price doesn't bother me and I think I like the look. Does anyone have them? And I am...
  12. G

Open Fogs

I have seen them for as much as $140. Are these any good from NGPRacing?? Are there any problems with install? http://www.ngpracing.com/store/index.php?target=products&product_id=5154
  13. G

For Sale: BSH Rear Sway Bar and BSH End Links (Dallas)

I have a 1 month old BSH rear sway bar for sale and brand new end links that were never installed. I am selling the package basically because I am too lazy to keep up with the greasing and maintenance of the bar. Also because I don't push the car that much around corners so it is not getting...