GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

Scheduling my seventh trip for service

So while I know certain people don't like these posts, I'm going to schedule my seventh appointment at the service department tomorrow. This doesn't include the first oil change that I had on the car (8500 miles now, since April). I put the key in the ignition and turned it to start the car...
  2. S

Seat belt buckle part?

I brought my car back into the shop again today (for the sixth time)... Last time I got my Airbag fault fixed, they replaced a the seat belt buckle on the passenger side. This one sticks out, up past the seat, where the drivers side is flush with the top of the seat. Service guy claims that...
  3. S

Why does my GTI seem broken all the time?

I buy the car. 1) When the turbo kicks in, there is a "vibration". That got fixed. 2) Two days after I got the car back, the Airbag fault came on. That was fixed. 3) 4k miles later, the Airbag fault comes on again. -I bring it in the first time, they work on it for two hours and tell...
  4. S

Over 5k miles = warranty void?

I have 4700 miles on my GTI and I have an appointment on Monday to get the service done... if I end up over 5k miles by the time my appointment happens, will I lose any warranty coverage?
  5. S

Taking off the trunk lid

If I want to get a TV i the trunk of the GTI, how would I go about getting the lid out of the way? I haven't tried too hard yet, but I noticed when i lifted it up it seemed like it was in there pretty good. Anyone done this?
  6. S

Midwest local site - show, meets, etc

http://www.volksport.org/show/ check it out
  7. S

Airbag Fault

So... I got my car back from the shop where they fixed the engine "vibration"... the next day when I get in my car after work, the airbag light doesn't turn off and the console says "Airbag Fault!" Does anyone have any experience with this right after a maintenance trip? I feel like they...
  8. S

DSG noise on shifting

I was driving with my windows down today and when I shifted, it sounded like a little fart of air. Does anyone else have this at each gear change?
  9. S

Digital Speedometer

Is there a way to display the speed on the center console? I thought I remembered reading about it here, but I can't find the thread and I can't find it in the owners manual.
  10. S

18" hufs in rain

How stable are they in "wet" conditions? Still ok to drive fast on freeways, etc, when it is raining and there is water?
  11. S

Vibrations in the engine

Guys, Was driving my new GTI and it seems the engine has a vibration noise, in the passengers side of the engine. The dealer is looking at it, but the maintenance workers are on strike right now. Anyone have something similar?
  12. S

I really want this specific GTI

So... White GTI, with PKG1 and 18" wheels... I went and test drove today and I *really* like it. The problem is, they don't have the one I want and they'd have to get it ordered. They have one on the way, but they said "it will probably sell before it gets here in two weeks". I don't...