GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. J2.0tD

Forge TwinTake

I had recently taken off my Forge Twintake. Filters inside the canisters don't really stay in place anymore so you can either glue them to the backing or I have seen people use sheet metal screws to hold them in place. Id prefer something local to chicago but may ship at buyers expense. Has been...
  2. J2.0tD

FS: Thule Roof Rack with Echelon Bike Carrier

For sale is a thule roof rack, the whole complete roof rack is thule. The roof rack is coming off of a 2007 GTI. This kit will come with the fit kit for a 2 door MKV GTI (not sure if it will fit a 4 door or a Jetta). Comes with rapid traverse feet which will have a key and lock system in it. Two...
  3. J2.0tD

Rust on fender above wheel question.

So i went to the dealer to see if the warranty for paint would work for them to fix the rust bubbles starting on my fender right above my wheel. The guy at Volkswagen tells me that the seals i have on my fender are not stock seals so they wont even touch my car. What the geniuses at the...
  4. J2.0tD

Hood Latch Problem

Well lately my hood has been shut completely and my LCD screen still says that my hood is open. I just assume it is some electrical problem. Once in a while when im driving the screen will freak out and say its closed then open close then open constantly for like 2 minutes, it is quite annoying...
  5. J2.0tD

Battery Finally Done

This is pretty dump thread haha, but I'm super impressed with how long my battery has lasted in my 2007 gti. The original battery in the car, just had to replace it today. It has been a good 5 year run haha. Just saying how impressed i am with the batteries given in the mkv. Thanks VW!
  6. J2.0tD

WTT black vw emblems for chrome

Hey guys, I'm looking to trade my black vw emblems for the stock chrome ones. Just looking to trade straight up. Let me know. -Joe
  7. J2.0tD

Giac question

I Have a simple question, can you change modes on your giac chip without having the the wire? like can you change with the cruise stalk like i believe you can with apr? thanks!
  8. J2.0tD

WTB short shifter

Hello all, looking to buy a short shifter for my mkv gti (2007). Just looking for something to put into my car and this seemed like the next option for me, let me know what you guys have. thanks -Joe
  9. J2.0tD

zx9r vs. charger r/t(not vw related)

So i was sitting at this light on my zx9r the other day and this charger r/t with tinted windows and loud exhaust pulled up next to me and started revving it, and me i dont like racing on my bike because its a lot more dangerous i think. So i just shook it off and went at normal pace, then he...
  10. J2.0tD

Lame!! Downpipe problem!

So today i was driving and out of no where my car just starts to sound like an 92 cutlass with no muffler, I come home and expect it and sure enough my down pipe welds have broken.....:(, no warranty left on the dp cuz ive had it for 4 years, the best that they said they can do is half off...
  11. J2.0tD

What to do with my license plate..

agree with mounting in the lower grill
  12. J2.0tD

07 UG GTI $15,500, Midwest.

Selling my car today, because i still have some money left on it to pay off, but im in need of more money for school and i dont really need my car on campus. Car was originally owned by my brother who is a vw mechanic so it is very well taken care of and maintnence is kept up to par on the...
  13. J2.0tD

FS: 2007 UG GTI, 43K, MODDED(ILLINOIS)

My car is now up for sale because im loooking to get back into a mk3. This car is great, originally owned by my brother who is a vw mechanic, but had sold to me. Everything is up to par with maintnence and all just put on new brakes and rotors 1k ago, has a couple modifications. Oil changed...
  14. J2.0tD

Question about boost!

So to start off first is first, i have a mkv gti with the upgrades that are listed in my signature, after taking my car into the dealer a year ago my boost seems to not be the same, i didnt really pay attention or notice it until now really. My boost used to peak about 20lbs then hold at...
  15. J2.0tD

stg 2 gti vs. grand am

so today after getting gas in my car i was heading to the store to get some groceries, while on my way to the store i see this grand am in my rear view mirror tailing me really close. I have coilovers so im pretty low, so i decide im going to slow down way more than i do usually over the train...
  16. J2.0tD

really dumb question about stages

what are the stages and what parts qualify you for the stage, im new to the forums so im not sure what stage i am, i have a full tbe,evoms intake,fully loaded giac chip,vf intercooler, and im getting the awe hpfp dumb question but idk what stage i am, more add ons in my sig
  17. J2.0tD

apr hpfp question

I just have a quick questions about the apr rebuild on the fuel pump, does anyone know how long roughly it will take if i send my pump in for the rebuild? and also i have giac will i need to upgrade software for the fuel pump and does giac have that software? sorry for the noobish question but...
  18. J2.0tD

WTT UG GTI front end for Rabbit/Jetta/Wolfsburg front end

I have a UG gti front end that i would like to swap for a ug rabbit front end, would like the rabbit front end to have color matched bumper mouldings but it is not needed, and i would also like to keep my black sidemarkers and black emblem. Everything else is yours, if not a rabbit front end...
  19. J2.0tD

WTT UG gti Front end for UG Rabbit/jetta/wolfsburg front end

I have a UG gti front end that i would like to swap for a ug rabbit front end, would like the rabbit front end to have color matched bumper mouldings but it is not needed, and i would also like to keep my black sidemarkers and black emblem. Everything else is yours, if not a rabbit front end...
  20. J2.0tD

1 fuzion hri all season tire! 90% tread left(225/45/17)

as the title says i have one fuzion hri all season tire size 225/45/17 with about 90% tread left, i only have one for sale because i had a pretty bad bubble in my right front one, so i got two new front tires and there was nothing wrong with the left front tire so letting go for 55 picked up or...