GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. tampa_mk5

My turn to ask for a vote...

Done. g/l.
  2. tampa_mk5

Opinions needed- body work

I only want to do this once and am really having a hard time :frown: I know I will get a bunch of "it's your car do what you like" but please hear me out. I am almost at a point where I am ready to paint- still gathering final components and researching local shops. I am definitely going with...
  3. tampa_mk5

TSI Timing Chain Tensioner Failure

I normally try not to post new threads, but I searched here and did not find anything other than a noob asking a question that didn't get replied to... nobody even told him to search or GTFO :lol: In addition to the water pump issues, the TSI is experiencing failures on the timing chain...
  4. tampa_mk5

Need help shipping an exhaust

Pretty normal- I shipped my exhaust (mkv) from NC to Cali through work for $115 (discounted rate). UPS was funny about it and I had to ship it freight on a pallet because it was "oversized". We had it bubble wrapped and boxed up, but the weight ended up being over 75 lbs between the bubble wrap...
  5. tampa_mk5

Podi Boost Gauge Installed- Boost Leak or Install Error?

Finally got around to installing my new Podi boost gauge two nights ago. Install went terrific thanks to a few diy's here. Gauge did a full sweep and went to zero as it is supposed to. Set my car back at the third setting (93), started up and went to Hg, idling around 20-22 hg as normal...
  6. tampa_mk5

40k dsg service and stage 2

Please excuse the noobness but I did search... Taking it to the dealer tomorrow for my 40k dsg svc. I read some of the VCDS procedures and it looks like there is some sort of "reset" needed after the fluid change- any chance of them reseting it and me losing my tune? Should I leave it...
  7. tampa_mk5

Saturday Aug 6th- 1st time 1/4 DSG tips

Hey everybody! I don't spend much time in this section, but have been doing some reading up. I am running the 1/4 for the first time Saturday the 6th :biggrin: and have a few questions, but first off: I am not looking to change PSI on my tires, or in removing seats/spare etc.- I want a good...
  8. tampa_mk5

OEM Mounts, Exhaust and More

Stock Parts- prices dropped- shipping included All Prices include shipping within continental U.S. I have some stock parts up for grabs; all were replaced on consecutive weekends between 32k and 36k miles. Stock airbox swapped a month ago @ 38k miles. Everything will be bubble wrapped, boxed...
  9. tampa_mk5

bentley manual (not cd)

Need a little help- can anyone with a hard copy (no homo) bentley manual confirm that the TSI engine is covered in it? I have searched here and MK6 but haven't gotten a definite answer. The bentley site lists BPY, CBFA, CCTA etc., but looking at the cover it only lists the FSI and 2.5L. Here is...
  10. tampa_mk5

BSH and Podi

effin rock :headbang: Justin @ BSH got my mounts/CC to me ahead of the promised delivery date AND hooked me up with a t-shirt and free shipping! Greg @ Podi put me at ease about my oil temp gauge install (doing it myself) and went the extra mile to walk me through which banjo bolt i needed to...
  11. tampa_mk5

3 day weekend = s3 swap!

well i was supposed to be getting flashed apr stage 2 @ BFI this coming Friday. My APR downpipe is STILL on backorder (ordered March 29) :thumbdown:. this long weekend was supposed to be dedicated to my DP install, but instead i installed the S3 intercooler and will get flashed stage 1 Friday...
  12. tampa_mk5

1st mod!

first of i want to give a big thank you to snobrdrdan for his terrific diy! i am waiting on my backordered apr dp, so to hold me over i ordered the goods for my noise pipe delete. great way to get to know your car with an easy entry level mod. felt it in the butt dyno, but either way i am...