GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. T

Not Meeting Specified Boost Until Late in RPM range

Any ideas as to what is going on?
  2. T

Stage 3 vs The World

Audi S8 -De-badged - Driving through Serbia. I don't think they get the whole honk off thing. I was behind him north of Belgrade while driving through a construction zone (freeway). I was behaving. When the highway opened up to 2 lanes he stayed fast lane and punched it. Pretty sure it wasn't...
  3. T

APR Stage 3 - Issues - Logs - Codes

APR Stage 3 - Issues - Codes *UPDATED W/Proper Logarithmics* Specified Boost not being met at below around 4000 rpms... Fuel cuts when below a 1/4 of a tank. Running 98 ron gas on the appropriate program. Boost gauge doesnt get above 20 and settles much lower than it had been. Could my...
  4. T

Koni FSD vs. Bilstein HD

I had Koni FSD's on Eibach Pro's for around 15k miles. Probably 14k of that was highway travel. I purchased the MKVI Bilstein HD's as they were said to be a bit softer than the MKV run. Ride: The Koni's were extremely hard with respect to comfort. There was virtually no absorption up front...
  5. T

Fuel Cut....Only when below a quarter of a tank

I've changed out everything. The cut is like blowing down the highway, any gear, any RPM, and then it's like the car is in neutral. No revs at all.....but boost responds to the accelerator. In tank pump? Has anyone else had this issue?
  6. T

Codes - Intermittent Stall/Cut, Lower Boost, Vag Inside...

While driving, the car will completely stall out for 3-5 seconds (intermittent). It's like the car was arbitrarily thrown into neutral, and then reengages. There's no RPM response. The throttle seemingly does nothing. Boost gauge moves. Any ideas? I have a really long drive coming up and I need...
  7. T

Freeway stall, no rev, then arbitrarily re-engaged.

Traveling on the freeway and the throttle completely stopped responding. I took it out of d and put it in n, all to no avail. As quick as it happened the issue went away. I was just drifting. Threw a code but im not home yet. Wife is pregnant and semi was right behind me. It was scary. Any ideas...
  8. T

APR Stage 3 Review

Ordering - 6/10 Pretty seemless. APR wouldn't ship to my DPO address so I had to have it shipped to my parents addy who then reshipped it. APR didn't offer this solution. Their solution was for me to buy it from an overseas dealer and pay $2000 plus the loss on currency conversion. Thank...
  9. T

Enkei Lusso 18's

I thought they were more dished.....So initially I was unhappy. But they have indeed grown on me and I love them.
  10. T

VagCom Logs - Codes - Need your help.

Hey guys. I've been getting misses, boost is topping out at 15 and settling around 12. 1. Sparkplugs are stock and brand new. 2. Divertervalve is brand new. 3. BSH PCV Block 4. Coilpacks are brand new. 5. Cam lobed looked really good - replaced it anyway. 6. I'm totally lost. 7. I took 4...
  11. T

APR Stage 3 come with an intake, correct?

As per APR's website: "APR Custom Cast Silicone Intake Hoses" "APR Stage III Intake The APR kit starts with a Carbonio derived carbon fiber intake which takes air in from the fenderwell of the car. This helps the car by allowing the engine to continuously have a fresh supply of cold intake...
  12. T

Popped 405 twice today....

It took me 20 years, but I benched 405. I had no intention of doing it. A guy I work with spotted me through 15 reps on 315 and said "have you ever tried 405?" I hadn't. It hadn't even entered my paradigm. We lined it up, he said "hold up let me get a pic" and boom. First rep was super clean...
  13. T

Is There an APR Rep Here?

Tried messaging/emailing Arin to no avail. Is he still with the company? Do we have a new point of contact with APR? Thank you.
  14. T

Cel = #1 & #2 Coil Pack Bad, Replaced to no avail

06 MKV - Threw a cell, took it to Porsche/Audi Dealership. Ran for codes and they told me that the coil packs in cylinder 1 and 2 were bad. The cost to replace one coil pack turned out to be 44 Euro = like 60 bucks. Got on Interwebbietubes and order replacements. I was sent 4 new 07k 905 715...
  15. T

Best place to buy Coil Packs for 06 MKV GTizzle

Looking for a good place online. Thanks Guys.
  16. T

Blown Shocks - In the Balkans

What's happening everyone. Merry Christmas to everyone and thanks for helping me out. Car - MKV GTI 06' Before I left the states I had Eibach Pro's and Koni FSD's installed. About 4000 miles in and I'm scrapping and bottoming out a lot. There seems to be an excessive amount of travel when when...
  17. T

Water/Meth Nozzle Installed Pre-Turbo

Well, when I had the kit (snow) installed, the nozzle was placed before the turbo. I'd like to get your collective consensus on this. (BIG SHOUT OUT TO STEEL CURTAIN FOR SCHOOLING A BROTHA This is extremely out of the ordinary, as everything I have read indicates every one is installing the...
  18. T

Stage 2+ vs. S4

Blue S4....maybe an 01'? I'd just pulled out of an auto parts store, having loaded up the methanol tank. Was running 50/50. And there she was.....I loved those S4's. They are a really beautiful car. I rolled up to the light and the fella driving it, mid 40's yuppie with his wife, looked over...
  19. T

Anyone in DC area able to help me log boost?

Went Stage 2+ a few weeks ago and I'm maxing 15 psi. Had some fault codes too: P0299 P310B P2293 P0480 P0456 Anyone in the DC area able to help me log boost? My wife and I headed to Kosovo with the car for our next post and I'd sure like to not get caught with a problem in Kosovo. Thanks everyone.
  20. T

Car runs well, unless the A/C is on

Cross country road trip in the midst of the worst heat wave ever. Had to run the A/C constantly. When the car was at idle, in park, there was no cold air. Reasonably cold on the road while driving. The car manifested a stumble, or soft, at times dramatic pulse in power. It was like a quick...