GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. F

The Petition To Reinstate Jeremy Clarkson

Thank you. That's exactly what I meant. FocalPoint is not quite the clear thinker he believes he is.
  2. F

The Petition To Reinstate Jeremy Clarkson

I cannot believe this thread. I have no idea as to the real story behind the scenes. However Clarkson is accused of assaulting someone on the set. And you go and start a thread to re-instate him? You say it's a matter of 'free speech' even though you later said you never said it was? I like...
  3. F

Sounds like APR is Going Down

I wonder why this thread was move to 'off topic'? I would think this huge news would be right in the 'general discussions' where it belongs. I wonder if this is special treatment of APR because there are a sponsor of the forums.
  4. F

Grambles Crossroads (House Building Thread)

Well, after all, she did marry you!
  5. F

Several reasons that I won't go over but include things like--paying the mortgage often means no RRSP contributions or TSFA contributions. I agree a house is an 'investment' but not in all circumstances. If you bought a house in the U.S. in 2007 you likely aren't too happy today. And there are...
  6. F

As you know, it's a complicated question. While home ownership is the Holy Grail of North Americans, it is not the only solution for housing. Continuing to rent while you save money for a larger down payment can be very lucrative. There have been a lot of articles in our local business press...
  7. F

Forum slow in the last couple of days?!

I started a similar thread weeks ago. It's even worse lately. As others have said, I don't come here as often as I used to because it's just too frustrating. Given the issues we had over GTItravellor and the Unibrace stuff where the mods were complaining about the attention given to non...
  8. F

THE ALL NEW AMAZING PRIUS!!!! ITS A MUST SEE!!!

I totally agree. And, I should add, as a fan of the written Onion, this video was well below their usual standard. Disappointed am I.
  9. F

Article: Gen-Y preferring phones to cars

First, let me say that this is old, old news. I read the similar article many months ago. Secondly, I heartily approve. As a forum member I obviously like and enjoy my car. But I like cycling more than driving. I live downtown in a big city and I rarely drive my car in town. I have 15,000km...
  10. F

golfmk6 server

Why is the server so often down or incredibly slow on this site? Having trouble getting my 'fix' today.
  11. F

mk7 Golf starts production in August

Agreed. Not a good idea to buy the first year of a new platformed VW. So you're looking at 2 years.
  12. F

GTI MKVII to have 260bhp!

The issue is whether the MQB platform, and the ensuing cost savings, will be used to add content as krische says above. Or whether the reduced costs will result in simply increased profits for VW, as the new Jetta suggests. Until it comes out all this speculation is fun but meaningless.
  13. F

For my science final...

I'm taking this post as a joke/troll and ignoring it.
  14. F

WTB: 17" Denver/Huf

Just need one to replace the spare... I want to have a 'real' spare in the hatch if someone has one to get rid of. I'm in Toronto, Canada.... local would be nice.
  15. F

Golfmk6 Expert Nominees

I think Plac is great for trying out just about every single mod there is and then deciding none of them works properly and then installing it a second time anyway. What energy he has. I would add Bender for thoughtful insights as well.
  16. F

Unitronic

And that's my point. It's more like spamming rather than even advertising.
  17. F

Unitronic

I'm starting to get really bored and fed up with Unitronics recent craving for attention. They have started several threads of meaningless marketing attention seeking. They intervene in unrelated threads hinting that something is coming with little gems like 'watch for Unitronic'. It's silly...
  18. F

MK7

This is the important point. When they say: "The new car will be lighter, more efficient, and more agile than the current, sixth-generation Golf thanks to an entirely new architecture called MQB. That’s German for “Modularer Querbaukasten,” or modular transverse platform." do they mean that...
  19. F

Whats your occupation?

family physician in Toronto, Canada