GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Pantera

Horrible knocking noise!!!!

Im stuck in a tough spot. Here it goes. My engine is knocking and stalling out. I was driving to work had my system on and i pulled in set the e brake and the it started at that point. I shut it off had it towed. I started looking over things i already had a check engine light on for check gas...
  2. Pantera

transmission leak need info???

I got a leak on my trans today. I noticed a shake on the way home and it would go away when i shoved in the clutch. When i got under it i found fluid all over the tranny. Looks like its coming from where the axle enters the transmission. Any advice would help.:mad0259:
  3. Pantera

what size intercooler piping?

Getting ready to redo my intercooler piping doing away with the shitty stock rubber hoses and replacing with aluminum piping. I have a ko3 right now but plan on putting in a ko4 in a few months. I'm putting In a s3 intercooler at the same time with this piping. I'm worried about going to big on...
  4. Pantera

updating my mkv

Whats up guys. I haven't been on here in a few years. Been building a house getting moved in and having sum offspring. But now I'm settled in got a decent job and some money to throw around. Ill start off by saying whats done to my car first. I got a 2007 gti fsi 135,000 miles Neuspeed under...
  5. Pantera

Replacing clutch need some input.

I just hit 100k and my clutch is going. Was going up a hill n the rpms shot to 4k n 3rd n 4th n i wasnt going anywhere. I got it to engage made it home n i could smell that clutch. My first question would be should i just replace with the brand LUK which is just stock i believe since it lasted...
  6. Pantera

Cel for drivers side seat belt

I got a cel and a local shop said its the sensor in the driver side seat belt. He said it would cost 180 to fix. Has anyone had something like this and how much did it cost to fix? Think it would be a recall?
  7. Pantera

Stage 2 boost questions?

I recently went apr stage 2 and have sum questions / concerns. I was wondering first what boost should i generally be seeing through each gear and rpm range peak and holding. I know everyones wont be the same but at least a general range. Another question is does the boost only suppose to kick...
  8. Pantera

Another tire thread:)

Im trying to get an idea of which tires i should get. Normally i would just get a name brand n call it a day but since im apr stage 2 now and im living where ill be hitting nice swirvy backroads with big straight aways that ive hit 100 on id like sum good grippin tires. I drive very aggressive...
  9. Pantera

Quick question?

What is the line called directly right of the fuel pump that goes into like the rear crank case cover that u pull off to get one of the bolts to the fuel pump?
  10. Pantera

limp mode no CEL

This all started awhile ago. Sum of u have helped out alot. I use to have issues with running rich. Ive replaced a ton of sensors and other parts. I thought i had this issue licked when i replaced my o2 sensors. Codes went away car ran smoother then when i bought it. So now im getting the...
  11. Pantera

o2 spacers?

So gotta a quick question when putting spacers on the o2 sensor do you put them on both up and down stream? Im catless with a full 3 inch exhaust to by the way. I didnt think u to had to on the up stream because it was before the cat but read a couple threads that ssaid do both?
  12. Pantera

Dss axles?

Talk about a bad day. Went to put a new half shaft on today got the old one out and went to put the new one on it and the inner cv wasnt put together right. Got it together and found out the outer was frooze up barely would bend. Has anyone else ever use these axles before? Now im without a car...
  13. Pantera

Weird boost issues!!!

I dont know where to start. My car normally hits 11psi. Recently ive been hitting no more then 4 but will jump back to 11 occasionally. If ya pull the maf it will run fine. Thinking its the maf i replaced it but no help. Took it to a shop that i thought had vag com but they didnt but they called...
  14. Pantera

new south oil pressure gauge

Any one got a wiring diagram or picture or link for this oil pressure gauge. The sender is easy i just dont know how the wires get hooked up to the gauge i got a white black n red coming from the sender n a white black red n yellow from the gauge. I got every thing ran n the boost gauge was...
  15. Pantera

Cat delete?

When i got my downpipe it was with the cat delete. I expected to get a cel till i get tuned. I threw the code for it but now 7 months later im getting p0172 which is rich bank 1 basically. Im wondering if i fryed the 02 sensor and is causing it to run rich? I cleaned my maf it cleared up n came...
  16. Pantera

Cracked n276 valve

Ok was looking around my engine and i noticed what i guess is the n276 valve on the top of the fuel pump has a crack across it. I was looking online i dont see any where to just get that part so am i guessing i have to buy a new fuel pump or a rebuild kit? Also it hasnt thrown a code other then...
  17. Pantera

Stock boost levels ???

What is the stock boost level of a 07 gti? What does it peak at and what does it sit at? Also where should the vacuum be at when idling? I know there is other threads but the answers were so random thought id try again. Im goin to put a gauge in and i wanna make sure its on with no leaks. Thanks
  18. Pantera

Oil pressure gauge

I recently bought an oil pressure gauge kit from ECS and I was wondering if i needed the extra kit to install. Here are the links the kit http://www.ecstuning.com/News/MKV_GTI_GLI_Gauges/ES2226070/ the extra http://www.ecstuning.com/News/MKV_GTI_GLI_Gauges/ES11178/
  19. Pantera

Whats the best battery for 07the gti?

Ok.... ive read several different sites n forums and every site says different things. I wanna know what you all think? What batteries are the best for an 07 gti with lots of audio? What are the sizes? And do they fit with out mod?
  20. Pantera

Whats the best battery?

Ok.... ive read several different sites n forums and every site says different things. I wanna know what you all think? What batteries are the best for an 07 gti with lots of audio? What are the sizes? And do they fit with out mod?