GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

Car wont start when engine is hot

Just solved the issue today, it was my lpfp 535 walbro. What are the odds of a brand new 535 walbro with probably less than 200 kms failing! Been trying to tackle this issue for a bit of time now because never crossed my mind a new pump would fail especially that I was running twin 450 walbro...
  2. G

I've also changed the relay in the engine compartment a d checked the fuse on the side of the drivers side. But can someone please let me know if we have a relay under the dashboard drivers side for the gtis?
  3. G

engine cuts out and wont start

Did you end up figuring what was the problem?
  4. G

Hello everyone I own a 2006 mk5 gti that is modified. I've been having this issue lately of my car not starting after it has warmed up. I can drive around for as long as I want with no issues but as soon as I turn the engine off it won't start. The first attempt of trying to turn the car when...
  5. G

Adatec Turbocharger

You can also use R8 springs, cheaper than other springs and you can rev them up. Did you finalise your car? I got 444 whp @ 27psi on a Dyno jet and basically out of fuel past 6k rpm. Just ordered a 175 fprv and will probably go port injection
  6. G

Adatec Turbocharger

It's all about the tune. To my knowledge is the turbo is not that big so I wouldn't bother with cams, besides the golf r cams are better than mk5 gti cams and I'm holding up pretty well so far. I doubt your turbo will be gaining much after 7,500rpm but for insurance why not springs. What do you...
  7. G

Adatec Turbocharger

Connecting rods, pistons and springs if you want to rev it to 8.5k. if you're happy with 7.5k then just rods and pistons. Either meth or a 5th injector (if you don't want to deal with filling distilled water + methanol every now and then). A dsg tune will be fine but you'll know when the...
  8. G

Adatec Turbocharger

I've seen a pic somewhere comparing the golf r connecting rods and the GTI and they were not the same (slightly thicker). Cams also on the Golf r are better than the GTIs. Like I said in one of my posts up, that there is a 450hp with low torque (big turbo such as a gtx3071r and bigger) and there...
  9. G

Adatec Turbocharger

Btw TTE480 is also a hybrid. Hybrid means bigger compressor and turbine wheels in the stock K04 housing (sometimes thrust bearing upgrades, shaft, and/ or ball bearing)
  10. G

Adatec Turbocharger

If you are willing to take the risk then yes but I'd advise against it (better safe than sorry). I'd also advise you to upgrade your connecting rods because hybrid turbos generate alot of torque in the lower rpms causing alot of stress on the rods. If you want 450hp and stock block, you'd get...
  11. G

Adatec Turbocharger

No it's not plug and play. I've got tubular manifolds, Tial 44mm wastegate along with the downpipe. Only with these does it become plug and play. Oh yea I've got a custom intake pipe aswell. This set up will cost you thousands of dollars. If you're thinking about a plug and play turbo, I'm not...
  12. G

Adatec Turbocharger

Hello folks, I wanted to just warn anyone who'd be thinking of purchasing the " ADATEC " K04 turbocharger to stay away. My first impression when I received the turbocharger was pretty good, I was really impressed at the size of the turbine compared to my K04 064. Install was ok besides the...
  13. G

Mk5 Jetta GLI BWA big turbo project

I'm currently getting tuned with Motoza, they seem good so far. They respond back fast after you send them the log. You can also try unitronic. What's running the 535 Walbro? I'm running a 485 controlled by a PM4.
  14. G

MTM K04 kit for sale

Hi I have decided to go bigger (GTX3582r) and therefore will be selling my MTM kit. New cost of the MTM kit is over 8,000 Euros. The kit consists of an MTM K04 turbo, manifold and downpipe. The kit is still on my car and is in very good working condition. Its currently on a stage 1 tune and...