GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. J

Reflash? Codes need clearing?

Hey. My stock DV has gone out again, but this time it didn't throw the CEL but it is very obviously boosting lower than normal. Tomorrow I am going to install a new Forge DV and was wondering if after the fact I need to clear any codes so the engine will boost normally again since there is no...
  2. J

For Sale: Forge Spacer

Forge Spacer for sale, $40 plus shipping. :drinking:
  3. J

Headlight becomes yellow instead of white...

Hey, did a search because I thought this might be a common occurrence, but didn't find anything. When I switch my lights on, they are both white as xenons should be. But as they warm up the light on the drivers side becomes more and more yellowish until it is almost the same color as normal...
  4. J

Glove Box Light.

Hey, I just noticed yesterday that my 2007 GTI does not have a light in the glove box, yet my friend's 2006 GTI does. Anybody know if they removed it in the 2007s or is my light just out?:confused:
  5. J

TPMS malfunction.

My TPMS light came on with no text which the manual says means a malfunction in the system. I had the dealer switch the wheels for the 18s with another car on the lot. They had the plastic valve stem covers, which I have heard means those wheels do not have the TPMS sensors, which leaves me with...
  6. J

Driving through the twisties.

The other day, I decided to have some fun and drive through a canyon near my house. After I was through it, I noticed what smelled like clutch. I have the DSG, and I left it in D through the canyon. Should I have put it into manual mode or S? Would that have protected the clutch?:confused:
  7. J

2006 GTI United Grey Package 0 /w DSG.

Hey guys. Unfortunately, the payments on my car are taking their toll on my bank account, so I am thinking of selling it in order to get an older used GTI. I don't know how to link up pictures in here so if anyone is really interested, I would email some pics. It is united grey with Huffs. I...
  8. J

GTI vs. a heavily modded TC

Before we started racing, I could hear the clear sound of a blow off valve coming from the TC, so I knew it would be a good race. I started out behind him and we raced from about 60mph and went until 120 or so, I was staying the same length behind the TC until about 100, then I slowly crept up...
  9. J

No launch control. So...

So... I went to the drag races a few nights ago, and got some pretty sad 1/4 mile times only because I could not figure out how to launch the thing. And don't everyone reply back "just power brake it" because that doesn't work - anyone who has tried power braking before with know what I am...
  10. J

Golf Reliability.

Hello all. This is my first GTI and first VW for that matter and I was wondering how reliable they are. Has anyone out there had GTIs before and how reliable was it? Also, how did you drive it around, mostly racing around mostly taking it easy? Thanks in advance everyone.