GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. rickyC

Got my baby back

Out of the shop. Still waiting for a few minor parts but I was itchin to get back to driving my fast. Paint looks good. Had to be sprayed twice cuz the painter didn't like the first coat. Looks like good blending I can't tell. I'll post pics, pre accident, post accident and post repair. Just...
  2. rickyC

Yet another accident thread :(

I got in a wreck. :cry: Sunday I was cruising around and this lady pulls out right in front of me blocking both lanes. No where for me to go. I swerved into on coming traffic lane (there was no oncoming traffic) to avoid her she clipped/buckled my passenger side with her front corner. Swerving...
  3. rickyC

Help me find a cornering/drift vid posted recently

There was a vid I saw recently and can't member if it was here or the Tex. I think it was top gear but it showed different cornering techniques for FWD cars. It included a howto of the Scandinavian flick. I tried using search, but not getting anything useful. TIA:burnrubber:
  4. rickyC

Im n ur internetz, wastin ur timez

http://www.k2xl.com/games/boomshine/
  5. rickyC

Washed and Waxed RS

Washed and Waxed
  6. rickyC

Engine Cover Mod for Intake Fitment

I know I have seen a template and some info on modifying the engine cover to fit with intake. I have used the search with no luck. I can't remember if it was here or on tha tex. :iono: Anyone?
  7. rickyC

Smells like funk.

I fired up the A/C today for the first time since last summer and got a funky glue smell. Anyone else experience this? Rolling pk2 and non smoker. Its prolly just pre road trip freak out time for me. I got a long one coming up on May 10th. I'm gonna go take a handful of zanax, lay down and...
  8. rickyC

P-Flo intake safe for long trips?

Any one comment on using an intake on long trips? I am going to buy one next week and will be taking a long road trip right after. do it before the trip is the tentative plan but just wanted thoughts on long trip performance of this part on the MkV. Going to hit about 1000 miles in 2 weeks. TIA
  9. rickyC

Big ups to Tim

http://www.idahostatesman.com/102/story/81344.html Tim and his dad are local GTI enthusiasts and auto crossers. Bob is a member here(DasTT) and has helped me learn how do DTM (Do things Myself) with this car including loaning me his Vag-Com cable! He and his dad are solid people and I better...
  10. rickyC

Big ups to Tim

http://www.idahostatesman.com/102/story/81344.html Tim and his dad are local GTI enthusiasts and auto crossers. Bob is a member here(DasTT) and has helped me learn how do DTM (Do things Myself) with this car including loaning me his Vag-Com cable! He and his dad are solid people and I better...
  11. rickyC

Smart Car with Hayabusa Engine

Awesome http://youtube.com/watch?v=oPQIizRp9ck :burnrubber:
  12. rickyC

Temporary Tape Bra

Road trip coming up. Any tips for making a temporary bra for the front of the car? I have seen some blue tape ones is that safe for the paint and is it just the blue painters tape or is is some special kind? TIA
  13. rickyC

Forge Motorsport - Mike

First time ordering. I purchased a used Forge Spacer from Mike. Mike did a great job of keeping in touch through the process. When I got the part I was happily surprised to see free stickers and a Forge keychain!! Awesome customer service from a stand up guy! Thanks again Mike! :burnrubber:
  14. rickyC

Vag-Com Question

I currently have the DRL's disabled and the fog lights enabled with the high beams. Yeah yeah I know this might not be legal (technically it is ok as long as you don't have more than 4 light sources in use including your headlights). At least in Idaho it is cool :smile: ! Well I want to enable...
  15. rickyC

Possible XM Module recall by VW

You can read my XM module Saga here -> TSB for NO SAT My car is in the shop today for the XM module replacement. The Service Consultant just called.. My replacement module was bad. She got an e-mail from the regional service advisor/parts guy for VW, VW is prepping to recall all XM modules. My...
  16. rickyC

Neon with NOS

Well he had the sticker. Does that count? Does the sweet modified muffler tip count? His car and his sticker got rolled up. No contest for the MarkV.