GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. HardHead

Disconnected battery, now no steering wheel functions.

So I disconnected my battery because I'm a dumbass and I was out of solutions with an ongoing MAF code. It obviously didn't fix my MAF, but it did break my steering wheel and radio. Now none of my steering wheel buttons work, including the horn, and my aftermarket radio wont turn off unless I...
  2. HardHead

Weird MAF issue.

So on the way home from work, my car started running strange. It has turned into what sounds like a diesel truck. The turbo won't hit full boost and it stumbles a little bit on acceleration, and I can feel some minor engine vibration through the pedals. CEL code P0100, MAF circuitry. So I read...
  3. HardHead

Wheel / brake squeak.

So I've been noticing a squeak coming from the drivers side of the vehicle. It only happens at speeds below about 10mph, and it is related to speed. It sounds like 2 squeaks per wheel rotation. I think its from the back, because when I give the parking brake a tug, it goes away while it's...
  4. HardHead

AC killing power.

Today was the first day I had my AC on while driving. I thought I had a boost leak or something, it was boosting super early in the rpm range but feeling slow as hell. I've never had a car that loses so much power just from the AC being on! As soon as I turned it off, everything felt fine...
  5. HardHead

APR mode changing question.

So I've been trying to figure out what tune I have. I bought the car already modded from a dealer and knew almost about the work that was done. I've pretty much figured everything out now except the tune. I'm assuming its APR, since I followed the mode switching instructions for APR, and they...
  6. HardHead

Annoying noise.

So I have this weird noise, which seems to be a fairly common thing with these cars. I guessing it is brake or wheel related since it is related to wheel speed not engine speed. It sounds kind of like playing cards in bicycle spokes. It isnt really that loud, but its definitely there. I cant pin...
  7. HardHead

Identify my mods challenge.

What's up guys. Got an '06 GTI a couple of months ago. Loving it so far, its not my first modified car, but its my first VW. I know there is quite a bit done to the car, but I dont know the previous owner so I dont know exactly what is done. I know it has coilovers, catch can, FMIC, full...