GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

DSG-crawl when stopped

I don't know about you DSG owners, but my last drive of a DSG GTI bothered me. Why does the DSG GTI crawl when it's supposed to be stopped? In my manual cars when I am stopped and the clutch is disengaged the car does not move. Now, I understand that from a safety standpoint it's better to...
  2. G

chip mod power claims, discuss

This was part of another thread that had a review of a GLI after 5000 miles. The reviewers had done a before and after dyno with some very very interesting results. They used the APR chip. After looking at the data, it brought to light some things I had been considering while looking into these...
  3. G

OEM body kit or paint the black bits

I really wish VW would have painted the black bits on the GTI. I don't care for flat black on the bottom pieces. Audi did that on the previous A4 and not many people liked it. The new A4 looks MUCH nicer as it's painted all the way down. The black bits give the car a "cheaper" look, to me...
  4. G

GTI stock oil

What is the oil fill in the GTI from the factory? What weight? Is it synth, regular, or a blend? What are the suggested oil change intervals? I'm looking for the manufacturers info. from your owners/maintenance books. Thanks. TT
  5. G

2.0T differences

I was recently rereading my auto mags on the A3, A4 and GTI. I found some interesting info. The A3 2.0T has a lower redline than the A4 and even listed a lower compression ratio. Very odd. What are the engine specs for the 2.0T in the GTI? Are they the same as the A3? TT
  6. G

black plastic "ground effects"

I really do wish VW would have body color painted those blackish plastic air dams and side skirts. I don't like the matte plastic look. It looks cheapish and unfinished. Audi did that on the previous gen A4 and it looked cheesy. The new A4 is painted top to bottom and it MUCH nicer...
  7. G

Front grill options

Does anyone know of any metal grill options available for the GTI? I would really like to see some metal grill options where the black plastic is now. The fog light area would look really cool if the mesh was real and had real holes. I'd like to do all the mesh grills in a satin aluminum, or doe...