GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

Metal in oil pan

I changed my oil this weekend and these two pieces were attached to the magnetic drain plug when I picked it up after letting it drop into the drain pan (there's a very small possibility they were in the drain pan, as I also used it for my lawnmower's oil). The small piece looks like a bit of a...
  2. S

MK5 GTI on the Cheap

This was a fun thread. Have any updates for us?
  3. S

Basic tool additions for new Euro owners?

When I got my gti I already had a 36mm socket for the oil filter, because I had already purchased it 30 years prior to get the nuts off the rear drum brakes of a '67 squareback. It wasn't used in all the time in between, so it felt like nice VW continuity.
  4. S

Cam Chain Housing Leak

Thanks for the detailed response.
  5. S

Cam Chain Housing Leak

I have a 2006 mkv gti with the bpy engine. I’ve developed a large oil leak that seems to be coming from the cam chain housing. I plan to replace the seal and am wondering if I should do other preventative maintenance while I have the housing off, such as the chain tensioner or the oil control...
  6. S

When did you change your timing belt?

I did mine at 121,000 miles and the belt looked fine.
  7. S

The Golfmk OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 11)

I usually read this on tapatalk and couldn’t figure out why it wasn’t updating. Reading on a browser is more cumbersome and less useful.