Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
1679077523489.png

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
nice! i've been on the 'stuff you should know' podcast the last few days.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Really enjoying the Speed Secrets podcast.
I've taken a few of Ross Bentleys classes and read his books. If you really want to learn how to be fast he's great at teaching.

Ultimate Speed Secrets: The Complete Guide to High-Performance and Race Driving https://a.co/d/gLJcAdC

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
I've taken a few of Ross Bentleys classes and read his books. If you really want to learn how to be fast he's great at teaching.

Ultimate Speed Secrets: The Complete Guide to High-Performance and Race Driving https://a.co/d/gLJcAdC
Yep, good book. What I like about his website and podcast is that he gets into the nuances and exceptions for a lot of this stuff, and once you’ve grasped the basics, the nuances and tweaks are where the speed seems to really be.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
nice! i've been on the 'stuff you should know' podcast the last few days.
Really enjoying the Speed Secrets podcast.

I've been listening to the "dictators" podcast from parcast. I knew the African dictators like Idi Amin were fucked up, I just didn't fully grasp exactly HOW fucked up they were.

Nguema had his political rivals shot by soldiers who were all dressed up like Santa Claus. No reason given why.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
i get 160hrs PTO now, not half bad! and they let us carry i think 40 or 80 over for the whole year, but dont pay it out if unused.

one thing i miss working in the defense industry was the 9/80 schedule and the large amount of PTO we had. I started with 120hrs and on my 2nd year, it went up to 160hrs. on year 4 it was supposed to go up to 200hrs, but i moved to a different industry after 3.5 years.

man, i had soooo much time off. it was all bullshit work too, so i could really just take off whenever, as long as my own work wasn't in a critical stage.

my friend is moving to france at the end of the month and his company gives him the nationally mandated 240hrs of PTO plus an extra 40hrs, as well as 11 paid holidays. super envious of that

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI