GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Leica M6 VS Nikon D300

fairladyz_gt-r

Go Kart Champion
Well before you guys start saying the are completely different camera and i am crazy. Let me say that there is one thing in similarity between them...Price... both cost about 1700USD with Leica slight cheaper...

I am can't deceide which one to get...i already have a film SLR, FM3a absolutly love it. I don't really like digital photography, but with ever increasing move toward it, i think i have to give into it at some point. Now here were the problem arraise..

If i buy D300 i will get to enjoy it for about 2 year before D400 come out or D300x, but if i buy Lecia M6 it will be classic for ever, only MP is better then it, but then again MP is made in East germany, ( i am looking into M6 classic with .72)....

But if i buy M6 i am left with 2 film camera which mean i still don't have the ability to post picture online without alot of compliecated(sp) effort....soo yea...

any recommendation guys?:wink:

ubergeek

broadcasting LIVE
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI APR Tuned
buy a scanner and scan your film pics....it's cheaper!!

you can't beat film photography, but with increasing technology leaning towards digital photgraphy...it's gonna be inevitable to upgrade to it.

Turbo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 GTI
I'm buying a Nikon D300 this week. Tell you what, if you still want to shoot film I'll sell you my Nikon F3 HP body. It's in pristine condition and the shutter speeds are dead on. They were checked out by the camera shop that has it on consignment right now.

Otherwise, go digital. You won't regret it. As much as LOVE Leica film gear, I'd say you will get much more enjoyment out of a DSLR (assuming you have a computer).

I've had a DSLR for a few years now. It is just now that I'm letting go of my film gear. I'm not looking back. You will shoot so much more with a digital camera and you will get fast feedback. This will raise the quality of your photography. The images are what really count. Don't get caught up in the gear. It's the photographs count.

There will be a replacement model for a D300 way before 2 years are up, but that won't make your D300 stop functioning.

Anyway, digital has come of age. I've shot and developed film since the 1970s. I wrestled with the same issue. If you are asking the question, then it's time to switch to digital.

That's my 2¢. Let us know what you decide.

buy a scanner and scan your film pics....it's cheaper!!

you can't beat film photography, but with increasing technology leaning towards digital photgraphy...it's gonna be inevitable to upgrade to it.

Buy and processing film add up really fast. That stuff ain't cheap.