GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... California Nears $8 Gallon Gas - Biden Sends Zelenskyyy $61 Billion

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

npace

Autocross Champion
How does this even happen? I guess I’ve never seen a dummy round before, but seems like it would be pretty obvious.
Blanks are very obvious... there's no bullet in the casing and the casing is pressed close together at the tip. This has happened before, most notably when Brandon Lee was filming The Crow. I'm not sure how it happens other than actors don't have firearms training and are basically dummies when it comes to this, just doing what they're told by the person in charge of props.

Edit: Except John Wick. Keanu clearly has had firearms training and knows wtf he's doing.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
You guys, watch out for that Dümbrekka booster shot. Just got ATF approval.

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual

MagicMK

Drag Racing Champion
The problem I have with any of this is the government power grab - vaccine mandates, mask mandates, lockdowns. I'm not saying people should or shouldn't get the vaccine, because I don't know enough about it and I honestly don't trust what anyone is saying about it. In the 2017-2018 flu season, its estimated that 60,000 Americans died from the flu. Children have been dying from measles because of parents who don't get their children vaccinated against it. But we didn't need to all wear masks to protect vulnerable members of the population (children from the measles, elderly from the flu) and people were free to decide with their doctor on the best course of action. People weren't told that they couldn't hold their grandmother's hand, who was instead forced into a nursing home and left to die alone. People weren't being told that they couldn't have Thanksgiving with their families, or to keep Christmas celebrations to small gatherings of 4-6 people. You can argue scale, sure. COVID is deadlier than the flu, but everyone is going to die eventually. Those moments are too few and far between as it is, and some of us aren't going to stand for a f***ing bureaucrat telling us that we can't be with our families and friends because other people are scared.

Huh? People don't get measles because public schools ALL require measles vaccination prior to entry. That's why measles doesn't spread... because almost everyone in the United States is vaccinated against measles. You're using a poor/false example to justify not getting vaccinated against COVID. Eventually, COVID vaccination will be mandatory at all public schools... it's coming, eventually. Also, trying to overturn a democratic election by threatening governors and local poll workers and lower level elected officials is a "power grab." Mandating a vaccine for public health is far from a power grab. I mean, really, what "power" does anyone obtain by everyone being vaccinated? If anything, Democrats requiring the larger number of unvaccinated Republicans to get vaccinated actually saves more Republicans... which, unfortunately, will likely vote more Republicans into office. So, if there was a true power grab, then I'd think a Democratic President would forbid anyone that was registered Republican to get the vaccine in hopes that more of them would die... now that would be a power grab.

MagicMK

Drag Racing Champion
And of course China is always up front with the truth about how they handled it. 😂
Agreed. You can't trust any info coming out of China re COVID. I believe their "official" death toll in Wuhan, the city that started it all, was something like 3k dead. There is a great NPR Frontline special where they interview funeral homes that were locked down by the Chinese Military and no recording devices were permitted. According to one of the anonymous funeral car drivers that transported the dead bodies to the funeral home for cremation... he estimated that his funeral home, alone, cremated more than 10k people that died due to COVID (ie, the "normal" death rate subtracted from the increased death rate after COVID hit Wuhan). So, yeah, China is not telling the truth about anything related to COVID.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Actually, yes, at least all of the people I saw in that video that were white are likely Republican. Absolutely.
So your ignorant assumptive ass believes a political affiliation is indicative of one's race? Bro, go buy a box of rocks because youre shit just got way too heavy for me.

You have also said majority of those who are anti vaccine are Republican. So as you have also said before, 1+1=2. So let me get this straight 1 Anti vaccine means Republican plus 1 white means Republican which then should mean equals 2 to be anti vaccine and white means Republican. Correct me if I am wrong but aren't a lot of black Americans anti vaccine? Does that make them white and Republican?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
So your ignorant assumptive ass believes a political affiliation is indicative of one's race? Bro, go buy a box of rocks because youre shit just got way too heavy for me.

You have also said majority of those who are anti vaccine are Republican. So as you have also said before, 1+1=2. So let me get this straight 1 Anti vaccine means Republican plus 1 white means Republican which then should mean equals 2 to be anti vaccine and white means Republican. Correct me if I am wrong but aren't a lot of black Americans anti vaccine? Does that make them white and Republican?
I've never seen anyone so prejudiced against a political party. So closed minded and ignorant. At times in my life I was registered Republican and at times Democrat and flipped a few times but now I'm an independent and don't agree with either party enough to be registered with that party.

npace

Autocross Champion
Huh? People don't get measles because public schools ALL require measles vaccination prior to entry. That's why measles doesn't spread... because almost everyone in the United States is vaccinated against measles. You're using a poor/false example to justify not getting vaccinated against COVID. Eventually, COVID vaccination will be mandatory at all public schools... it's coming, eventually. Also, trying to overturn a democratic election by threatening governors and local poll workers and lower level elected officials is a "power grab." Mandating a vaccine for public health is far from a power grab. I mean, really, what "power" does anyone obtain by everyone being vaccinated? If anything, Democrats requiring the larger number of unvaccinated Republicans to get vaccinated actually saves more Republicans... which, unfortunately, will likely vote more Republicans into office. So, if there was a true power grab, then I'd think a Democratic President would forbid anyone that was registered Republican to get the vaccine in hopes that more of them would die... now that would be a power grab.
1. Your assumption about school requirements is false. The most recent large outbreak was in California, where parents can get an exemption for almost any reason for "personal beliefs". Now that they are trying to force the covid vaccine on kids, they are looking to change the law and realized that they're being hypocritical (a hypocritical liberal government.... color me shocked). See here: https://timesofsandiego.com/educati...ersonal-belief-vaccine-exemption-for-schools/

2. I've been vaccinated for COVID, so that throws your second assumption out the window.

3. Forcing people to get vaccinated and "show their papers" before allowing them to travel, shop for anything (basic necessities even), or really do anything other than leave their home is a power grab. The US Constitution expressly prohibits this type of activity, but the government is trying to regulate things through the lens of "public health". Whatever your problems with an election example are, you're once again creating a strawman argument. Has nothing to do with what I'm talking about here.

4. We've already discussed how your assumptions about political parties are just plain silly.

5. You are going to see a lot more resistance to vaccine mandates when it comes to kids, just like with the airlines recently. Nobody is going to decide to have their kids vaccinated when the symptom rate and hospitalization rate from covid for kids is lower than the risk of severe side effects from the vaccine.

Edit: You also conveniently ignored the data about 60,000 people dying from the flu. I used both as examples of the stupidity plague that we face because the media is stoking fear over a disease with a survival rate of over 99%.

Last edited:

npace

Autocross Champion
From NPR, risk to children of serious illness from covid is as low as it is from the flu: https://www.npr.org/sections/health...-from-covid-19-is-as-low-as-it-is-for-the-flu

From the FDA fact sheet, 86% of children who received a covid vaccine suffered an adverse reaction: https://www.fda.gov/media/144413/download
This is far higher than the rate of children who suffered symptoms from actually getting covid.

From the Mayo Clinic "Most children have mild symptoms or no symptoms." from getting covid. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases...ronavirus-in-babies-and-children/art-20484405.

My guess is that most parents won't subject their kids to a shot when the risk of adverse effects is higher than the risk from the actual disease.