GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... California Nears $8 Gallon Gas - Biden Sends Zelenskyyy $61 Billion

DarkArrow

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'18 R
Cool, mine has gone down quite a bit. May have to look elsewhere. 👍
Everyone's has. Looking around right now is kind of a fruitless endeavor. The best I've found is if you have T-Mobile, they have a 4% on the first $3k and 1% after that which is better than almost all online banks. I haven't looked through what hoops you might need to jump through other than being a T-Mobile customer, though. Not sure if the few extra dollars is worth the hassle.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Where is this magical money coming from that you can pay off debt AND invest? If you're using money to pay off debt, that's money you can't invest. Do you even understand what you're saying, or are you just regurgitating what you think you remember hearing from Dave Ramsey?

Contrary to what Dave Ramsey says, there is such a thing as good debt. If your mortgage has an interest rate at ~3% if you refi recently, the average long term return (10+ year minimum timeframe) of the S&P500 is ~9% annualized. Since a mortgage is a long term loan, we're going to use long term amounts. Because the 3% is amortized and the 9% is compounding, you'll get SIGNIFICANTLY more return by NOT paying off the debt other than what the minimum is. However, if you can't understand the benefit of compounding over amortization (as you showed by avoiding my question), then this is going to be way over your head.

Oh yeah, and you get to write off that mortgage interest, making it even BETTER to not pay extra to your mortgage. But follow Dave Ramsey, it's not my money that's being lost.

You get out of debt and you'll have money to invest or you need a new job or change your lifestyle. You don't get rich being in debt.
I used to listen to Dave Ramsey but haven't in years.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
D8897B8B-6EEA-42C0-8096-D06132FF98DA.png

DarkArrow

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'18 R
You get out of debt and you'll have money to invest or you need a new job or change your lifestyle. You don't get rich being in debt.
I used to listen to Dave Ramsey but haven't in years.
You're not including the time value of money. If you wait to pay off all your debt before you invest, you've lost the best years to invest, aka the earliest years.

You don't get rich by paying off debt as quickly as possible. You get rich by being smart with your money. If for every $1 in debt, you get $1.09/year in return. There's nothing wrong with that debt.
Hey @DarkArrow if you stay in debt where will you get the money to retire comfortably?

Being smart with your money, debt eventually goes away. Notice I didn't say don't pay off your debts, I said don't pay extra to your good debt.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
You're not including the time value of money. If you wait to pay off all your debt before you invest, you've lost the best years to invest, aka the earliest years.

You don't get rich by paying off debt as quickly as possible. You get rich by being smart with your money. If for every $1 in debt, you get $1.09/year in return. There's nothing wrong with that debt.

Being smart with your money, debt eventually goes away. Notice I didn't say don't pay off your debts, I said don't pay extra to your good debt.

Yeah I noticed that and it means you'll be in debt your entire life.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
So? You still can't dictate what your taxes are used for.

You just don’t get it, do you? I don’t dictate where my taxes are used, but I can still see what is in the horizon when we stop paying into SSA. I believe Treasury said SSA would be dead in less than 2yrs.

It was a pathetic ploy to garner votes from stupid people. I’ll be happy to pay it back starting in January to ensure the Boomers can finally fucking retire already.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
My brother seems to think the second he gets out of line after leaving office, Twitter will boot him. I’m not so sure though.

Can confirm.

He has protective rights until 12:00pm January 20, 2021. Right about the time the lawsuits come flooding in.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Twitter has already said that he will be censored if needed.
Folks have had their Twitter accounts removed on first major infractions. The president’s account has survived for obvious reasons. I think Twitter wouldn’t ever remove his account. Ever.