GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

W6050 only this thread

kpilidis

Passed Driver's Ed
today i received my as-7301 (with full canbus)

I have buy and this active fakra adapter

can anyone tell me where i connect the blue wire??

this connection is fine?

Also, to connect the tv antenna , i connect the red wire with red ACC wire and black fire with the ground?

Thank you

some random photos

Last edited:

Paul_OH

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf GT TSI
I received my W6050 yesterday :thumbup:

After installation I then found that it arrived damaged with the Source, Radio and < & > buttons broken and permanently pushed in :cry:

I'm currently waiting for Joe @ 'Oskar' to get back to me see what we can sort out although I'm sure it will have a happy ending based on his service to date.
Will keep you posted.

Paul

timj

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 GTI
of course i`ll share !!!! first, my theory that windowsCE on startup first checks for SD and update files was correct ( found that in wince docs). The girl from Nowada sent me the missing files ( i had one missing file ), put them on sd, started the device, in 1 min everything was back to normal. You all can download the files from here : http://rapidshare.com/files/215329451/RECOVERY_WINCE.rar.html
Also share this to anyone that have a nowada ( mesada board) inside their devices and is bricked. Also i`m 99% sure that this method of recovery will work on most gps boards based on arm920t processor.

Mate, muchly appreciated. Thats what makes this place THE MKV forum, always people willing to assist. If I could give you rep man i would.. Again well done.

Tim.

dr_ehabatif

Passed Driver's Ed
FOR THE HELPFULL OSKAR

a friend of mine bought this device from audiosources as7301 as he was in china last week
and he got the device and arranged for shipping it with many things he bought next week
the device id is
ms10560101900210551

is there any way i can confirm that this is the new canbus or the old one?
thats really v important as i may ask for return with extra money or somthing to get the new one.

i guss the waywell and audiosources have the same factory and i bet u have access for them

so may be u or any of the friends here can help with this issue.

soon eply is v much appreciated
and by the way u r soo appreciated oskar for the great help u r offering people here really.
thanks

SonicMrSumo

Rock and/or Roll!
There are also adapters to make IPod's look like a VW CD Changer. On this page, Soze indicated that these adapters can connect to the back of the WD6050 and work.

Otherwise, you can use the AUX port in the back of the WD6050. If you use an IPodTouch, you can get and plug in the video cable in addition to audio.

Ylian

Hmmmm, I can't see how this does work. I've connected the OEM iPod adaptor (via the blue connector) to the back of the unit (it only plugs in one way), and have tried both a gen 5 and gen 4 with no luck.

The music starts playing for a couple of seconds, and then stops itself.

Am I doing something wrong here? :iono:

FJ_Steve

Age shall not weary him
Mate, muchly appreciated. Thats what makes this place THE MKV forum, always people willing to assist. If I could give you rep man i would.. Again well done.

Tim.
hmmm...rep system. yeah, that'd be cool...then I could fuck that up as well :lol::lol::lol:

(Sorry....bit of an "in" joke between Tim and myself).:threadjacked:

Ylian

Passed Driver's Ed
Back with more stories

Hi again everyone, I am trying to catch up on the forum, lots going on. First, I got a new iPod cable with video out and connected it the aux input of the WD6050. Since I have an iPod Touch 2G, I wanted to try playing video from the iPod into the nav system. Works great, in fact, I have a new YouTube video about it here:

Connecting iPod to WD6050

I also hooked up an iPod charger device to the ACC cable at the rear of the WD6050 and connected the USB connector from the iPod cable to it. Now, I can play audio, video and charge my iPod. Everything is hidden in the back on the dash with the cable in the glove compartment. It's all essentially useful for a passenger's iPod. Because there is not front panel control, it's of limited use. I know there are video out there of people using their iPod as a navigation device, but not sure it would be of any use in this case.

Second, I want to talk about the AM/FM radio. For a long time my radio reception has been pretty bad. I connected the beige connector only and was not happy. I ordered a Y connector and second adapter and have been using that for the last two weeks and it was horrible. I just could not listen to the radio anymore. Tonight, I removed the Y connector, connected the white antenna cable only and stripped out the grounding around the plug that fits in the radio (as suggested in this forum). It's now fantastic! Sound on FM channels is excellent. I don't care much for AM and a quick check seems to indicate AM reception is poor. Still, FM reception is outstanding and I finally got my radio back.

Third, after 3 weeks, I finally got the rear view camera. It's the type that is mounted on the license plate (Model 508T). I went to the electronics store (Fry's in the US) looking for long video cables, but all they generally want you to buy is silly "gold plated" cables with pretty wrapping for 30$ or more. After looking around, I went into the security camera section and found a long cable with 2 RCA (1 video, 1 audio) and power jacks at each end (Swann AV Power Cable). As luck would have it, the rear view camera has exactly the same power connector (Cable also came with F-to-F power adapter that I needed). So, I could connect the camera directly to the cable on one end, and I soldered the older adapter (provided with camera) to the ACC wire at the rear of the WD6050. I can now plug and unplug at each end and can happily report that everything works great. I still have to work on running the cable thru the car, right now, its going thru the main cabin in plain sight. The quality is not anywhere near what I have seen with high end cars, but it works ok. Shifting to rear switches to the back camera automatically too.

Forth, I updated my iGO8r3 to the latest version (v8.3.2.80621) and I don't have any problems to report. I just changed iGO8 executable. I tried off-road tracking for a little while and it did not crash, this said, I had never tried this option before but there was mentions of problems with it.

That's it for my stories. Reading the forums, there is a mention of a USB connector inside the device (J6). Can anyone point me to the wiring diagram for this? I have a full USB signal analyzer I can hook up to it. Also, I want to say, nice catch on the WinCE recovery stuff!!! If there was some way I could hook up a serial or USB to the WinCE side of the device, I would adapt a ODB2/CAN bus tool to run on this device. Oh, I want the Zoran binary image too!

Thanks,
Ylian

Last edited:

Ylian

Passed Driver's Ed
Hmmmm, I can't see how this does work. I've connected the OEM iPod adaptor (via the blue connector) to the back of the unit (it only plugs in one way), and have tried both a gen 5 and gen 4 with no luck.

The music starts playing for a couple of seconds, and then stops itself.

Am I doing something wrong here? :iono:

A while back I connected a standard audio mini-jack to the AUX input of the WD6050 and kept it in the glove box. When trying on an iPod shuffle, audio would periodically stop and start again. Not sure why. With my latest installation on my Touch 2G, there is no problem at all.

Ylian

DaveOZ

Ready to race!
Ylian,

Do you get the background hummmm with your iPod charge wired to that way?? I have the same Apple cable to connect my iPhone to the Aux port and I have the USB lead pluged into a cig charger in the coin tray. When the charger is plugged in I get a terrible humming noise. Crystal clear when I pull the charger.

Ylian

Passed Driver's Ed
iPod connector

Ylian,

Do you get the background hummmm with your iPod charge wired to that way?? I have the same Apple cable to connect my iPhone to the Aux port and I have the USB lead pluged into a cig charger in the coin tray. When the charger is plugged in I get a terrible humming noise. Crystal clear when I pull the charger.

I did lots of highway driving with my iPod setup this weekend and noticed no humming. I did notice an occasional RF noise likely coming from one of the 3 cell phones in the car. The cell phone noises where occasional and annoying, but otherwise everything seems fine.

By the way, here is a picture of the modified iPod charger. I cracked it open and soldered two wires to the 12v power. I also taped the end so that the normal 12v contacts could not touch anything before installing it.

Ylian

Alex_Rus

Ready to race!
Hello from Russia!

I want to install WD-6050 on Tiguan (2008 year) instead of RCD-300. Could anyone say to me, is it compatible with Tiguan? Can you show me a any installation scheme of WD-6050?

Also my friend had installed a WD-6050 to Passat B6. Very funny - device not see a key (ACC) via the CAN. He can turn ON and OFF with key in hole and without key. :) And WD-6050 doesn't turn off when he stop and get out a key.

Ylian

Passed Driver's Ed
Ylian, where did you connect the -ve wire?

Good question. After using a volt meter to check that the ground around the GPS antenna, around the AM/FM antenna connector and TV antenna connector where all connected together. I used an adapter I had that fitted perfectly into the TV antenna spot and then attached a wire to the ground there. Both the black wires of the iPod charger and rear view camera are hooked up to this ground wire. Any ground should work. I am open to peer review on this.

Ylian