GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

W6050 only this thread

Cyrus

Car(s)
Golf MKV GTI CW
Thanks MRX for your post,

Really interesting and solved one of my questions )

Melvin

Dutchman
Car(s)
Golf V
MrX, I opened up my unit today to check out the mic on the board. I was a little bit scared doing this for damage.

Is it possible to just add 2 wires to the microphone points on the board or do i have to remove the original mic?

nachin

You say the wire looks ok ? you will have to check it properly.
Was it under strain and kinked , by not having a right angled adapter ?
Can you see a flashing red led inside on the left of the head unit ?
Is there 3.5V approx on the centre out pin of the gps antenna connecter ?
Can you get hold of an other gps antenna for test ?
Check all these things, as it is pretty sure you have no gps signal.

Thank you for the help.

To the questions:
1.- Yes
2.- No
3.- If you mean in the head unit there is a 3.3V
4.- No. I will have to buy a new one (of course with the SMA adapter)

Jayro

Old Newbie
Lost GPS

Thank you for the help.

To the questions:
1.- Yes
2.- No
3.- If you mean in the head unit there is a 3.3V
4.- No. I will have to buy a new one (of course with the SMA adapter)

Having no flashing red led when you look through the case ventilation slots on the left hand side of the unit (from the front) I am pretty sure indicate there is no signal from the gps antenna. try to get a new antenna with a R/A connection, or at worst an adapter and avoid trapping the gps cable when closing up. Please let me know the results with a new antenna.

nachin

Having no flashing red led when you look through the case ventilation slots on the left hand side of the unit (from the front) I am pretty sure indicate there is no signal from the gps antenna. try to get a new antenna with a R/A connection, or at worst an adapter and avoid trapping the gps cable when closing up. Please let me know the results with a new antenna.

After a while testing, there is signal again. I guess, due to the lack of the SMA, I will have to live with this issue until a new GPS antenna arrive.

mrx

Connoisseur
Car(s)
2007 CW Golf GTI 5dr
Good post MrX :wink:

With my active combined Fakras if i swap my rooftop for my smaller aerial I loose some AM signal. Comes good with orig rooftop aerial. No diff to FM ??

Maybe then the powered one i have amplifies the sig for AM from the roof?Guess I will never know.
BTW I have the shield still intact with this double powered conn and No hum.

Bazzle

Who knows what those powered adapters are actually doing? I could test one, but I'm not going to buy one, as my current setup seems to work fine. I would imagine the powered adapter is isolating the two earths, so you wont get any earth loop problems with them. The hum is actually something altogether different. An earth loop will sound like a faint whine coming through the speakers that increases pitch with engine revs.

MrX, I opened up my unit today to check out the mic on the board. I was a little bit scared doing this for damage.

Is it possible to just add 2 wires to the microphone points on the board or do i have to remove the original mic?

Unfortunately no, you'll have to remove the original, just be careful getting the board out, you don't want to crack it!

please anyone can share their wince content from wd6050? just enter with total commander and copy entire windows folder to card, then make it rar or zip and upload it somewhere. I really need that content, maybe i`ll find something that can help me repair my device. Thanks.

No problem, I'll PM you with the link once done.

After a while testing, there is signal again. I guess, due to the lack of the SMA, I will have to live with this issue until a new GPS antenna arrive.

Definitely sounds like the GPS cable is intermittent due to being crushed. Too late now, but you could have chopped the original connector off and soldered on a new right angled one, rather than purchasing a whole new antenna.

Jayro

Old Newbie
Knowledge is King

solved my gps problem with the help of a very smart girl from NOWADA !!! Sorry to say that, audiosources, waywell, maisun, you have no idea about the products that you are selling.

@mrx, thanks for trying :)
You must share how this was done please it may be very important in the future for some of us

petrutms

Developer
of course i`ll share !!!! first, my theory that windowsCE on startup first checks for SD and update files was correct ( found that in wince docs). The girl from Nowada sent me the missing files ( i had one missing file ), put them on sd, started the device, in 1 min everything was back to normal. You all can download the files from here : http://rapidshare.com/files/215329451/RECOVERY_WINCE.rar.html
WILL WORK ONLY ON MAISUN 6501 PLATFORM. DON`T USE IT ON OTHER DEVICES !!!!

and the modding has begun again :)

also i managed to change this skin ( horrible ) to red/black skin, in fact all startup program from some wd6050.

Last edited:

florinkn

Audio Menu

Audio Menu from the dash!

One very nice work!

But

How can I get out from this audio-menu? I want to go back to VW Menu but is not possible.

My car has not this Steering wheel control function so I don't have the Menu button.

I know that I have to disconnect the power cable but maybe, somebody has another solution?

Jayro

Old Newbie
Audio Menu from the dash!

One very nice work!

But

How can I get out from this audio-menu? I want to go back to VW Menu but is not possible.

My car has not this Steering wheel control function so I don't have the Menu button.

I know that I have to disconnect the power cable but maybe, somebody has another solution?
If you do not have a MFSW controll then you will have a stalk controll, but this will depend upon the level of your car.
Do you have a full hight Multi Function Display ? (sometimes called Highline model) If you have you should have a stalk controll to cycle through the car menu in the MFD ?
Please explain the level of your car a bit more

kpilidis

Passed Driver's Ed
of course i`ll share !!!! first, my theory that windowsCE on startup first checks for SD and update files was correct ( found that in wince docs). The girl from Nowada sent me the missing files ( i had one missing file ), put them on sd, started the device, in 1 min everything was back to normal. You all can download the files from here : http://rapidshare.com/files/215329451/RECOVERY_WINCE.rar.html
Also share this to anyone that have a nowada ( mesada board) inside their devices and is bricked. Also i`m 99% sure that this method of recovery will work on most gps boards based on arm920t processor.

and the modding has begun again :)

also i managed to change this skin ( horrible ) to red/black skin, in fact all startup program from some wd6050.

please upload it again, on a premium account.

if you haven't premium account sent me the link with pm to upload in my premium account!:happyanim: