GOLFMKV

BSH Billet Pendelum Mount Review

ABQGTI08

Southwest dubber
Car(s)
2008 Tornado Red GTI
on the contrary
the pendulum mount should decrease the load on the other 2 mounts

Interesting, that it is the contrary. Granted my experiences were for Honda/Acura(s) through w/ aftermarket mounts.

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
Yea, you only screw up stock mounts if you replace either of the side mounts but not both. The side motor mounts need to be replace together or it causes uneven stress and will greatly reduce the life of the oem mount.

Dan GSR

Autocross Champion
Interesting, that it is the contrary. Granted my experiences were for Honda/Acura(s) through w/ aftermarket mounts.

If your familiar with integras, if you change the torque mounts, it will not put extra stress on the other engine mounts, same idea, the pendelum mount is the torque mount

Yea, you only screw up stock mounts if you replace either of the side mounts but not both. The side motor mounts need to be replace together or it causes uneven stress and will greatly reduce the life of the oem mount.

exactly, if you only change 1 of the upper engine mounts, it will twist the whole engine/transmission

ABQGTI08

Southwest dubber
Car(s)
2008 Tornado Red GTI
good to know. Thanks guys.

NJA3201

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Audi A3
Don't be hesitant guys, its a great mod, was well worth it! :happyanim:

07Noside

Banned
Don't be hesitant guys, its a great mod, was well worth it! :happyanim:

x2! and I even felt that vibrations through my steering wheel were decreased compared to when my VF was installed. It really made me love my car just a little bit more then before :wub:

GolfRS

Banned
Well as i said i'm getting this mount.

I already have front bushings from POWERFLEX , but they have FAILED TWICE, causing damage to my engine...

This item looks really well made.

haithame

Apple GTI
Car(s)
'09 GTI MKV
Well as i said i'm getting this mount.

I already have front bushings from POWERFLEX , but they have FAILED TWICE, causing damage to my engine...

This item looks really well made.

GOD...what damage are you talking about?....i got that POWERFLEX bushing when i got the Milltek TBE...should i change it or what?? :iono:

GolfRS

Banned
GOD...what damage are you talking about?....i got that POWERFLEX bushing when i got the Milltek TBE...should i change it or what?? :iono:

I've had only problems with the Powerflex bushings.I was all about their "reputation", and when their yellow bushings failed, becoming squashed like chewing gum, the told me it was a "material issue" and sent me a new pair of purple ones, reassuring me those would solve the problem.

Well i just recently find out the new ones don't squash..THEY CRACK, and now i'm having problem even moving my car without risking further damage.

The most outrageous part was that when i asked them for even harder mounts cause my car is tuned, they told me I WAS TO BLAME for having tuned the car, and for.."driving it extremely hard"...:lol::lol:
I mean..a)isn't you desire for having your bushings upgraded, THAT YOUR CAR IS TUNED ? and b)what exactly is "driving extremely hard" , and why isn't there a warning on their side that reads "Powerflex, the leaders in bushing technology (providing you don't drive "extremely hard" )..

So after being told that was the end of my "warranty claims", i told'em to f**k off, and am looking for alternatives to their crappy product...

P.S.I was thinking of making a post about my history with them, including pics and stuff...I'm still thinking about it...

haithame

Apple GTI
Car(s)
'09 GTI MKV
when you say POWERFLEX bushing...do you mean that lower engine mount insert?...coz thats what i'm talking about....i'm terribly worried now...but i guess even if it failed nothing will happen..coz the car will just return to its original state without it....not sure tho

GolfRS

Banned
when you say POWERFLEX bushing...do you mean that lower engine mount insert?...coz thats what i'm talking about....i'm terribly worried now...but i guess even if it failed nothing will happen..coz the car will just return to its original state without it....not sure tho

No i'm talking about their front mount inserts.I don't have their rear insert, and i don't think there is an issue with that, cause the forces it takes are one way.

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
Looks like my VF bushings :bellyroll:

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Uh Oh...I just got my package from BSH the other day and didn't get the smaller bolts and washer. Or maybe I did...are they packaged all together with the insert and big bolt? I hadn't pulledit out of the plastic bag yet, only the pendelum.