GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

11 wrx vs stage 2+

iwannagofast

Not a Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GTI
2nding Chris 2.0T..A stage1 GTI will not "walk" a stock 09-11 WRX, from a dig OR a roll...My stage 1 GTI 'felt' faster, but torque steer doesnt mean you're actually going anywhere.

The quality of build of GTI, handling & transmission> WRX
Easily obtained potential for GTI < WRX

All races with the WRX were a 45-50mph roll to about 120. Read my old posts. Torque steer is not a problem with stage 1 at 45mph. Why the hell would anyone with a GTI race a WRX from a dig?

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV

Chris2.0t

GtI 2>0T
Car(s)
2011 Wrx
but from a dig is what a subaru is made for. So you guys are saying you only have a chance if you try and give ur selves a advantage? If you race and beat a car I would think you would want to beat that car when it was at its best. Thats like saying your happy you beat a ferrari that was only running off 2 Cylinders?

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
but from a dig is what a subaru is made for. So you guys are saying you only have a chance if you try and give ur selves a advantage? If you race and beat a car I would think you would want to beat that car when it was at its best. Thats like saying your happy you beat a ferrari that was only running off 2 Cylinders?

i dont mind beating a ferrari like that ...

DarkX

Your Boss :P
Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
Then just do a high roll from like 70 or 80 mph to whatever with the wrx so that neither of you will have a disadvantage, the 4 wheel drivetrain loss is limited to lower speeds than that unless we are talking about a very heavily tuned car. If your GTI has the balls you will win, if not then oh well.. you're slower. By the way races below 80 are not considered races in my book, it's just fooling around. If you want the real thing get some good shit under the hood and challenge everyone up high, whatever the outcome there is no excuse, no drivetrain loss no nothing. :fighting0030:

iwannagofast

Not a Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GTI

This is a stupid statement, the same thing can be said the other way around.

If the WRX wants to race the GTI, why not race the GTI when it's at it's best, which is from a roll. If the stock WRX is truly faster than the stage 1GTI, then it should be able to beat it no matter what mph it starts at.

This is a stupid statement, the same thing can be said the other way around.

If the WRX wants to race the GTI, why not race the GTI when it's at it's best, which is from a roll. If the stock WRX is truly faster than the stage 1GTI, then it should be able to beat it no matter what mph it starts at.

If the GTI wants to race the WRX, why not race the WRX when it's at it's best, which is from a dig. If the Stage 1 GTI is truly faster than the stock WRX, then it should be able to beat it no matter what mph it starts at.

See how that works?

iwannagofast

Not a Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GTI
If the GTI wants to race the WRX, why not race the WRX when it's at it's best, which is from a dig. If the Stage 1 GTI is truly faster than the stock WRX, then it should be able to beat it no matter what mph it starts at.

See how that works?

:thumbsup: Exactly!

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door

I know what you're saying, and I don't disagree with you, but...part of the culture of street racing has traditionally included finagling races that play to your car's strengths and the other car's weaknesses. It's not 100% about who has the faster car, but who can control the variables needed to cross the finish line ahead of the other guy.

Chris2.0t

GtI 2>0T
Car(s)
2011 Wrx
Listen I could meet some one and race them but.......Im not longer stock, im stage 2 :thumbup: