GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

about those contiprocontacts...

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
in short, they suck (yea i'm captian obvious). only two years old and they're already showing signs of dryrot! they only have 19k miles on them, and i know that i could get another 25k at least out of them (if they weren't dryrotted), but they probably will only last to the summer, if that.

gmakdaddy

Yummy
Car(s)
Red 4 Door
Howdy Cap'n. I agree 100% on how bad those tires are. I thought I was going to die when I had them on in the first big snowfall this season. Thank goodness I swithced to some Dunlop winter tires.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
the ironic thing is, i don't really have any complaints about how they behave in the winter time, but damn! put some better rubber that won't turn to shit after two years...i would not expect to see dryrot like this until at least 4 or 5 years...

07Noside

Banned
Howdy Cap'n. I agree 100% on how bad those tires are. I thought I was going to die when I had them on in the first big snowfall this season. Thank goodness I swithced to some Dunlop winter tires.

I had absolutely no problem in the snow with these tires. They do suck and I'm sure I'll get a lot longer then two years considering I only use them 4 months out of the year. If you take care of your wheels and clean them and not abuse them they'll last. I always clean them up with a bleach+ detergent mixture and a heavy all around inside and out scrubbing before storing.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
i definitely don't abuse them...if anything, i am too easy on them. now i don't go out and clean them all the time with a bleach + detergent mixture, but i keep them clean.

gmakdaddy

Yummy
Car(s)
Red 4 Door
Mine are still like new with only 3000 miles on them. They look great and perform fine in normal conditions, but when things got dicey forget about it. I just need to sell them now seeing my garage is full of wheels and tires. Never did the bleach thing on any of tires, does that really work well?

07Noside

Banned
Mine are still like new with only 3000 miles on them. They look great and perform fine in normal conditions, but when things got dicey forget about it. I just need to sell them now seeing my garage is full of wheels and tires. Never did the bleach thing on any of tires, does that really work well?

mixing bleach even with some water is great. You won't believe how much brown dirt wipes off when compared to just using car wash detergent on them. You won't have a brown tire before you put your tire black on them any more.