GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acc sensor

groggo67

Car(s)
VW GOLF MK7 DSG
Hi, I have a golf mk7 13 plate and I have fallen victim to my sensor being stolen (I hope they rot). The sensor was a dome shaped one by the following part no. 5Q0907541J. I’ve been told I can get this changed over from a ball shaped to a flat pack, as it’s so much cheaper and as the ball shaped ones are so rare. Can anyone enlighten me on if they’ve done anything similar, or can someone suggest any ideas? Thanks in advance 🙏🏽

groggo67

Car(s)
VW GOLF MK7 DSG
Hi, I have a golf mk7 13 plate and I have fallen victim to my sensor being stolen (I hope they rot). The sensor was a dome shaped one by the following part no. 5Q0907541J. I’ve been told I can get this changed over from a ball shaped to a flat pack, as it’s so much cheaper and as the ball shaped ones are so rare. Can anyone enlighten me on if they’ve done anything similar, or can someone suggest any ideas? Thanks in advance 🙏🏽
I’ve been advised I can switch over from 5Q0907541J to 5Q0907561K and just get my man to recalibrate it for me, it works out way cheaper than buying an original dome shaped sensor and getting it calibrated in.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
hmm................the webpage HERE is about fitting ACC to a mk7 Golf - but maybe read the bit titled "a few words about radars". Note particularly the advice about Component Protection. Regardless of which series device you put-back in to the car, you will need to see a dealer/registered-VW-agent to clear the CP error.

Don

Fried_Soap

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf TSI 5MT
This thread has a dome-shaped sensor for sale (5Q0907541G) though shipping from Canada to the UK may be prohibitively expensive.

As for retrofitting the 561K, there's most likely a way to make it work, but it is possible your gateway module (or its current firmware, which can be re-flashed) is incompatible, and you might also need to deal with FEC/SWaP activation. According to this post, it probably won't be plug-and-play, and if you don't want to deal with a bunch of complications you might be better off just trying to find a cheap round radar.

I will spare the rest of the details unless you do want to go down the radar-upgrade rabbit hole :ROFLMAO:

groggo67

Car(s)
VW GOLF MK7 DSG
So annoying, I’ve spoken to a local electrician who has said he can recalibrate it for me with the flat shaped sensor. Such a pisstake. Can anyone suggest anything on how to prevent this happening again?

Alvi

Car(s)
Golf MK7 SE
I’ve been advised I can switch over from 5Q0907541J to 5Q0907561K and just get my man to recalibrate it for me, it works out way cheaper than buying an original dome shaped sensor and getting it calibrated in.
Hi, I know this is an old post but please can you confirm if 5Q0907561K worked for you 100% and was your car Auto or Manual. I can’t believe how much difference there is in price.

Alvi

Car(s)
Golf MK7 SE
Update: got it switched over and got a coding guy to recalibrate the new flat sensor, works fine
So are you saying you changed 541J to 561K by just coding and it worked ? Please reply as I am looking high and low no info any where?