GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR TSI K04 – More Power Through Motorsport

TSiUG

sleeper...
TSiUG, once you stop stomping on it, you should also notice improved fuel economy with the new tune. :biggrin:

But I dont want to stop:frown:

panda_man22

Go Kart Champion
I did not beat my previous best with the V1.0 tune, however I was running in 93-100 degree heat all night. I ran 10 runs all between 12.75-12.95 @108-110. Not a single 13.XX. Insanely consistent compared to before in much cooler temps when I would run anywhere between 12.7(once) and 13.4 @106-110(once). With the V1.0 tune I would only run 12s approximately 1 out of 3 times. I am now getting wheel spin in 2nd gear at the track and I am running BFG drag radials....I am pretty confident when I get some temps in the 70s I will be in the 12.4-12.6 range. The tune is bad ass and that is all there is to it:thumbsup:

EDIT: I am DSG

Didn't expect you to be on drag radials, what are you 60' times?
A mid twelve out of a 6sp would be impressive, DSG in the low.... thats what i had hope to hear

defense05

Ready to race!
Are there any plans to push more power out of the FSI k04 tune? Thats a huge difference between FSI and TSI now. :(

TSiUG

sleeper...
Didn't expect you to be on drag radials, what are you 60' times?
A mid twelve out of a 6sp would be impressive, DSG in the low.... thats what i had hope to hear

60' times of 2.1-2.3 on drag radials(2.2-2.6 without). I need to get that more towards 2.0. Still having a hell of a time hooking up at the strip.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Are there any plans to push more power out of the FSI k04 tune? Thats a huge difference between FSI and TSI now. :(

w/o hardware changes I don't think the FSI motor has it in it to see the same gains. The TSI simply has a lot of changes which reduce losses.

I have TSI K04 customers beating FSI K04 customers including those FSI K04 customers running "Aggressive, crazy" software (or whatever you want to call it).

Vwgtivw

Ready to race!
w/o hardware changes I don't think the FSI motor has it in it to see the same gains. The TSI simply has a lot of changes which reduce losses.

I have TSI K04 customers beating FSI K04 customers including those FSI K04 customers running "Aggressive, crazy" software (or whatever you want to call it).

whats considered "aggressive, crazy" software lol?? i raced a new revision tsi and he got me by like a 1/2 car or so on my revo k04, were going to race a few more times with my timing and boost kicked up a bit. Gotta give it to apr they made a pretty solid k04 file for the TSI!

maotsetung

maotsetung ftw!
whats considered "aggressive, crazy" software lol?? i raced a new revision tsi and he got me by like a 1/2 car or so on my revo k04, were going to race a few more times with my timing and boost kicked up a bit. Gotta give it to apr they made a pretty solid k04 file for the TSI!

Unitronic and Revo are considered aggressives tunes.. :iono:

thanks,
- mao

Vwgtivw

Ready to race!
Unitronic and Revo are considered aggressives tunes.. :iono:

thanks,
- mao

Not really...believe me i have both apr and revo and the difference is almost nothing...i cant speak about unitronic but im sure its the same...only reason i have revo is adjustability

defense05

Ready to race!
Oh, so without making other hardware changes mandatory, APR isnt going to change the FSI K04 tune at all. Damn! So are things much, much more likely to break with the Unitronic and GIAC tunes since they push out around 300whp? Are they even considered safe?

maotsetung

maotsetung ftw!
Not really...believe me i have both apr and revo and the difference is almost nothing...i cant speak about unitronic but im sure its the same...only reason i have revo is adjustability

Really?..I can't really give my opinions on both because I've had only APR but from the guys local to me who have had revo and unitronic boast their tunes are fairly aggressive than APR. You are actually the first person I hear say they're the same. I guess that makes me a little moar proud of my APR tune ;)

thanks,
- mao

maotsetung

maotsetung ftw!
Oh, so without making other hardware changes mandatory, APR isnt going to change the FSI K04 tune at all. Damn! So are things much, much more likely to break with the Unitronic and GIAC tunes since they push out around 300whp? Are they even considered safe?

All tuning companies make their tunes safe for the community..if not they wont make any money. That is also why they post the requirements to run the tune and they hope the owners would adhere to those requirements.

thanks,
- mao

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI

No, that's now what I'm saying. What I'm saying is there are some physical limitations to the FSI motor which prevent reaching the same torque output as the TSI motor.

If you were to equally tune for an equal amount of aggressiveness, the TSI motor would have more power delivered to the ground. That's simply due to advances in the motor compared to the FSI. VW has significantly reduced power loss due to friction and other physical elements.

Llikewise the Gen 2 TSI will is better than the Gen 1 and the Gen 3 (not released yet) is even better.