GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Blue Door Handle Illumination

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
Duuuuuuuuuuuudddeeee you said you get day pictures from far away, like from the oppsite side window or something, dude.

k ill post them tomorrow night:thumbsup:

I think it would look better if the led was hidden behind the handle. But to each their own.

I was thinking of that too BUT how would they stay in?????

And if u DO find away to put them in u will have to rRIG it and i don't really like my mods done that way, Plus these parts are from VW and are made well..

Also if u just put a led at the bottom of the handle facing up it will leave a several ring and shadows in the opening of the handle and will not look that great. These optic plexi pieces defuse the light and make the light dull that way u don't see any lines in the light it self. I prefer it this way.

Ya i wanna see day pics sir derps alot :lol:

Ok ill post som e good day pix and far away pix as well tomorrow night.
:cool:

gotti

.:R32 OG lulz...
Car(s)
.:R32
Ahhhh...Nice job and all but I'm not feeling this...I still like the aftermarket ones where the light comes out from behind the handle...

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
Ahhhh...Nice job and all but I'm not feeling this...I still like the aftermarket ones where the light comes out from behind the handle...

Thanks man:thumbsup:

If u can find sumthing that is GOOD OEM quality i would give it a try.

I have not seen anything of that nature, The only thing i seen is people rigging an LED under the handle. They use a drill bit and glue the led in the hole. Not quite what im looking for at the moment.

If it was a neon maybe, not a VW thats almost a Audi . . .

Neon????? Almost Audi????

Im not trying to be a Audi, VW does make these parts for the Tourage :thumbsup:

Not my cup of tea but you did good work. :thumbsup:

:headbang:

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
cutting plastic on door handles is definitely keeping you car as OEM as possible

Thats why i said "AS POSSIBLE"..........

U have to brake a few Eggs to make an omelet.....:lol:

Cutting wires and splicing into them can cause potential problems.....:iono:

Gee Spoolin

This is such a cool little mod that doesn't cost a fortune, and I can appreciate the craftsmanship that went into it. With that said, the uneven light spread from the LED gives a not so OEM-ish result.

There is a similar thread on Vortex mentioning a Japanese company who makes an aftermarket variation of this mod for the mk5. They put the LED on the bottom of the housing which is hidden behind the door handle. IMO, their end result is much more on point in which the light spread is more even and gives a more natural look. What do u guys think???

http://vwmaniacs.com/?pid=13147922