GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car is crazy rich in fuel, wont start....

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
Like the title says, car is crazy rich, AFR in the 9`s, lambda correction pegged at -25%, that is when its running, between yesterday and today im having a hard time starting it up, till today i had it towed because it didnt started anymore, there are no stored codes, O2 sensor seems fine, it reads 14.6-14.7 with the engine OFF/ignition ON.

This started with a P0642 code, DV was burned out by, swapped to a good one, code is gone, but the issues with gas started to show up, any ideas?

Cryptic1911

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008.5 GTI
stuck injector?

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
That is my first choice, there are absolutely no codes, any ideas on how to check them without taking off the manifold?

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
overnight siting in the driveway and the car starts in the morning, super rich, but started, because of my current tune im running mafless, there is the posibility of a bad MAP making the car run such rich AFR?? unfortunately my VCDS died the same day....lovely coincidence if you ask me.

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
For the G410? Im not sure of the revision, that one seems to be working, is the revision stamped on it? I cant see it.

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
Update, car has been starting "fine", in the mornings, it seems that all the unburn fuel is leaking down to the oil.....i removed the plugs this morning, all of them were completely black, so the issue seems to be related to all injectors, i got not many missfires at idle, so im guessing is not coils or plugs, plugs have about 2 months installed, BKR7`s @ .028", RS4 inyectors have about a month or so installed, the same for the custom tune, i got no codes whatsoever in this condition, tune is running mafless, so it cant be the MAF, O2 sensor seems to be reading fine, because if i hit the throttle it goes up to 10`s or 11`s, engine off it reads 14.7.

I have read that there are some sensors that are related to fueling in this engine, MAF (not present), O2, MAP and Coolant temp sensor, coolant seems to be reporting fine, it goes up right with the temperature of the car, the MAP does read boost changes and at idle is reporting 830mbar, which i think is correct on this cars, i am out of ideas on this one.

petsy

Go Kart Champion
Are you sure your Autotech HPFP inner seal isn't leaking fuel that's contaminating the oil?

And yes the part number that includes the revision letter is stamped on the low fuel pressure sensor.

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
Are you sure your Autotech HPFP inner seal isn't leaking fuel that's contaminating the oil?

Pump has been working fine for some good 30k miles, i hope is not it, also, the issue with the oil with gas im guessing is related to the car being literally flooded with gasoline when it did not started up.

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
Bump.....

Me and my buddy removed the injectors hoping to see something loose here, but nothing interesting.....

Before puting everything back together, there is anything we could do to test the system? im planing on going back to stock injectors if we dont find anything with them, any sensor, solenoid, anything that might control injectors duty?

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
Bump.....

Me and my buddy removed the injectors hoping to see something loose here, but nothing interesting.....

Before puting everything back together, there is anything we could do to test the system? im planing on going back to stock injectors if we dont find anything with them, any sensor, solenoid, anything that might control injectors duty?

:threadjacked: Sorry for that but i'm throwing a P0172 too rich at idle code. I'm wondering if there's any tips on checking to see if my injectors are leaking, etc..

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
Car ran with different files from the same tuner guy for a few weeks, we have even returned to the stock tune, still the same.

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
did you install the stock injectors yet?