GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CEL - P2181

Audiopulse

Gotta Jibboo
Car(s)
GTI
Car threw a P2181 CEL the other day... from reading other threads it looks like I'll need to replace the thermostat. The cars at 90,500 miles. Sucks because I was just about to get the timing belt done and now this happens. What are people currently paying at shops for thermostat replacement?

michail77

Go Kart Champion
I had mine done with a timing belt job and had a discount. Later the shop was complaining how hard the job was and it was in a different location. They still gave me the discount. :)

R1600Turbo

Ready to race!
I had the local dealer do mine (I just simply do not have the time or tools) and I believe it ran me around $280. The guy I deal with there is pretty nice and gives me a nice price break on things. Unfortunately I had them put in parts I bought from ECS tuning, and the thermostat I got from them turned out to be defective right out of the box. A month later if failed completely and I had to change it for a second time.

Audiopulse

Gotta Jibboo
Car(s)
GTI
Got the thermostat replaced and car is running good again. It was 330 at a local shop. Hopefully nothing else goes wrong this winter.