GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chicago Spotted

ukrbeast

Illest
Car(s)
2009 V-Dub GTI
I've been seeing mostly MKVI's lately, and a few MKIV's. Waved to a guy in a Blue MKIV the other day on Busse Hwy, and Greenwood, he revved his engine as he passed to acknowledge. I always wave back.

Tsopka

I always see 2 MKVIs in the morning drive. I passed a BMP in Woodstock that looked stock other than the front emblem was the black and red one. I waved... got that stare...

dave80

Go Kart Champion
spotted bunch of assholes driving mk6's. Must be a better car I guess:iono: Cocky little bastards.

ukrbeast

Illest
Car(s)
2009 V-Dub GTI
I was driving to work and spotted a MKV in the parking lot of Al's Beef. I stopped in the parking lot, and parked next to him. He noticed my car and rolled down his window. We struck up a conversation. Told him to check out the forums. Exchanged numbers, and we went our ways. Cool guy named Albert.

Also a few weeks back saw another MKV in the parking lot of Wal-Mart, stopped, and struck up a conversation about car mods. Pretty cool guy, but forgot his name.

That's my experience so far with the GTI/ VW community. Everyone I usually wave to waves back. It seems like the more friendly, and aggressive with your presence you are the more we respond to each other. We are all some kind of wild animal lmao. :happyanim:

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
MkV UG R32 spotted heading west on Higgins Road in Schaumburg right by Meacham Road this morning at 8:15.

HereticByDefault

Go Kart Champion
Bagged CW in the UIC parking lot on Halsted and Taylor. Pretty clean. Always there later than me so I never run into the driver.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

ukrbeast

Illest
Car(s)
2009 V-Dub GTI
Spotted Orange MKV GTI going down 294 to Indiana at around 4:00pm. I honked next to you, and you saw me. I followed you for a little, and you followed me for a bit. Nice car.

ukrbeast

Illest
Car(s)
2009 V-Dub GTI
Spotted MKVI GTI on 3/28/14 at the Jewel Osco parking lot on Greenwood, and Busse in Park ridge. Really nice car. I knew who was the driver as he walked out. Told him nice GTI, he said thanks. He was confused as to how I knew it was his, but I can spot one of us in a crowd. Poor quality pictures taken with an Ipod.
http://puu.sh/7QaCG.jpg

http://puu.sh/7QaOB.jpg

Last edited:

Tsopka

Little outside Chicago out my ways. CW mkv with a Wolfsburg grille and what looked like color matched skirts and rear turning east onto 176 at like 7:30ish towards crystal Lake. Too bad I wasn't in my car...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Little outside Chicago out my ways. CW mkv with a Wolfsburg grille and what looked like color matched skirts and rear turning east onto 176 at like 7:30ish towards crystal Lake. Too bad I wasn't in my car...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I always seem to run into MKV's when I'm not in my car too