GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Converting to the da.:Rkside

BeveStrown

RIP Chewie, Bye GTHigh
Wait - if it's titled to VW couldn't that mean it was just a leased car and not necessarily a car that was driven by a VW executive? So the turbo could have been installed "aftermarket"? Do any of the turbo compents have Audi/VW part numbers on them? How will a dealer or you diagnose any problems? Does a dealer have the profile for your car?

It was a corporate car (from the CarFax) meaning it was titled to a company. The fact that its #2 of 5,000 strongly suggests that company was VWoA

The turbo kit is aftermarket - Rothe Motorsports in Germany. I was told that it was installed in the Auburn Hills plant. No way to confirm or deny this, it very well could have been some dude's back yard. Regardless, the inspection showed alot of time and effort went into the build.

Same way any other car is diagnosed? I also have a VCDS and work for a dealership. Not sure what you mean by profile. :iono:

very nice, congrats

:thumbsup:

Thanks!

Wait....what? I realize I've been out of the loop for a while but I seriously doubt an "Official VWoA" turbocharged R32 actually exists. I want pictures or something.

I wouldn't call it "official" by any measure. Fun? Oh yeah!

Pics of said car?? what kind of turbo its on it?? VWoA build it on their own?? its interesting, looks like you may have bought a dealer´s "experiment/showcar", not exactly VWoA´s.

Turbo is a RMT07Definitely not a dealership's car.

Photoshoot and LEDs didn't happen. I did swap the wheels and deliver the GTI to its new owner. Also, took a teaser:

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Run the VIN through the service department's system and see what comes up.

The ECU would need to either have a custom re-map or a stand alone computer to run the turbo system. VCDS won't resolve turbo-specific sensors on a turbo V6, will it?

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
I have found the same post in some other VW forums, doesnt say much about the history of the car though, still pretty nice ride if you ask me.

Ruan

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 5 GTI
What an awesome car! Not a fan of the thunder bunny front though. No R32 tails?

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
Saw the pics and car looks great!!! Congrats again

edit- if ever in CT I want a ride!

BeveStrown

RIP Chewie, Bye GTHigh

That's the one I got. Link is in one of my original posts

What an awesome car! Not a fan of the thunder bunny front though. No R32 tails?

I'm not a huge TB fan, but its the only bumper that will fit the grande intercooler. Those are the stock US spec R32 tails. I had darcness tinted ones on my GTI, but should be adding OEM LEDs later today :thumbsup:

Saw the pics and car looks great!!! Congrats again

edit- if ever in CT I want a ride!

More pics to come, and thanks! I'm sure I will drive this home to NH via 95 at some point. Where in CT?

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Not to be a dick, but does the dealer records indicate it was a leased car? Either you are the third owner, or the guy that was selling it before worked for VW. If you are the second owner, and the guy that had it before you was not a VW employee then he leased it and modded it, which would explain why he bought out the lease and sold it himself instead of turning the car in. Still a nice car.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
That's good. Perhaps if you track down your district manager you can get him or her to investigate. Somewhere there's records if VW had the mods done. I don't know how far the company that supplied the components is located form VW, but if they either did the work or sold the components to VW they should have a record of it, and they might give you a copy or verify. And if they did the installation I would bet they have the dyno records.

ChattMkv

Level 80 Procrasturbator
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
LED Tails made a huge difference. Can't say I'm crazy about the wheels though. Either way, I bet that thing is a BLAST to drive.