GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Could I switch to "S" and manual?

GTIandMCS

Hi, maybe my question sounds stupid but I have never driven an automatic car before. so here is my question, How do you guys manage to go fast round the corner with an automatic car? I found the auto box doesn't change to lower gear by itself when I took the fast cornering even if I didn't accelerate the throttle. Very scary :cry: !. could I switch to "S" or "manual" position while the car is still on the move?
Thanks in advance.

My other car is an MCS with manual box. :thumbup:

ShadowGLI

Sandy Vagina Rinser Outer
Car(s)
2006 GLI w/ DSG
Hi, maybe my question sounds stupid but I have never driven an automatic car before. so here is my question, How do you guys manage to go fast round the corner with an automatic car? I found the auto box doesn't change to lower gear by itself when I took the fast cornering even if I didn't accelerate the throttle. Very scary :cry: !. could I switch to "S" or "manual" position while the car is still on the move?
Thanks in advance.

My other car is an MCS with manual box. :thumbup:

If you car is equipped with a DSG transmission, it is an "on the fly" gearbox meaning you can switch driving modes while moving with no ill effects. If you press a paddle while moving you will actually activate manual override mode no matter where your shifter is located (D, S or manual). In other words you can manually control gear selection at any time.

Hope that helps