GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dragstrip action....

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
Tonight i had a few runs at the local dragstrip, mods in sig, most of my ET´s were 14.2, dragstrip is at altitude (5500ft) so that affects performance.

Fast SRT4 from a friend...Not his best run :p there is another video in my channel were he runs a 13.5, a pretty decent number on street tires here.

Seat Leon Cupra, 1.8T (K04)

Civic SI Turbo, not my best launch :( that car has a lot better ET´s, but today it was running kind of slow :p

Last edited:

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
14.2 doesn't sound good for a stage 2+ with w/m injection.
Mine was doing 14.1 @ 100mph when it was only stage 1 giac with only an intake.
Do you think altitude had everything to do with that? And, have you run much better times before or at lower altitudes?

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
14.2 doesn't sound good for a stage 2+ with w/m injection.
Mine was doing 14.1 @ 100mph when it was only stage 1 giac with only an intake.
Do you think altitude had everything to do with that? And, have you run much better times before or at lower altitudes?

No, i have not had the chance to go to another location with a dragstrip, not even taken the car to sea level and see how it runs, my all time best are 14.23X, i run on 92oct gas btw, altitude is a factor here, and probably the traction of the dragstrip too, but i guess that day was fine compared to other days, there is something with the track conditions here, every NA car suffers big time, stock 6.1 SRT8´s run mid 14´s, 5.0 Mustang runs 13.9-14.0, the same applies to BMW 135i, it runs about the same, being a turbo car it doesnt lose that much power i guess, SRT4´s with bolt ons and tune rune 13.9-14.0, 5th Gen Camaro run low-mid 14´s on stock form, once they are tuned and some mods they run much faster than that, all this ET´s talk is that you have some perspective, of how altitude and track conditions play here, 14.2 is fast for a 2.0T running K03 turbo here, GTI stock run low 15´s on average, GLI´s are on the high 15´s stock, i have taken on LS1 camaro, M3 E46, 4.6 mustangs for breakfast, SVT ligthning, some SRT4´s, and the list goes on.

stress

Car(s)
GTI
14.2 at that altitude is GREAT! my last runs at a good track were at 6,000 ft and i'm stg2 Uni w/apr hpfp. Best i've done is 14.7 with a 98 trap.

zecgti

IDGAF
Ya thats good..with applying the right correction factors, ur probably mid 13s at sea level, maybe a bit higher iunno

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
...that is quite the effect then...at least you have an advantage over naturally asp'd motors, yes? :drinking:

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
...that is quite the effect then...at least you have an advantage over naturally asp'd motors, yes? :drinking:

Yup, it has to be a highly modified 4 cyl to even stand a chance, the same applies for a V6, like the 350z, the 370z is faster than the 350 but they still need some mods to stand a chance, i have beat an E46 M3, that is a car that is actually fast for an NA engine, this one had exhaust and tune, with the V8´s i can only "hang" with them if they are stock, im talking the 400hp+ (factory ratings) kind of V8´s, Camaro´s, 5.0 mustang, 6.1 SRT8 charger, 4.6 mustang in stock form has no chance at all against a modified 4 cyl turbo, am waiting for a Frankenturbo F23T so, those fast V8´s will be my next target.